Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

So so....
By DuaneW

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was exceptionally impressed with the down and dirty V6. The Chevy Monte Carlo LT and SS Intimidator have nothing on the 4.0 stock!! I bought an 06 5-speed Pony Edition before I went to college. It's about 8 months later and the throttle body is havin issues, killing the car about every 30 miles. The clutch is slipping already, not impressed with that. The Shaker 500 is really nice, don't crank it too loud though. The amp for the stereo runs down the factory battery like no other. It's reliable as heck until the engine starts acting up. Had the system checked, so I know its the throttle body. For a car that is four years old, the clutch and induction should not be having trouble.

Acceleration is great, shaker audio is also good. The styling is..excuse my language.

that throttle body needs work Ford... and put a decent clutch in for pete's sake!!

Great looking car
By Ted

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the Mustang new with every option you could get on the V6 Premium Cpe including "Pony Package". It's the first American car I've bought in 20 years. Great looking car with a very stiff ride and lots of rattles. At 30k service, it needed an Alternator and a battery. All things considered, I like the car sans the rattles which the dealer has been unable to fix. I have a 20 year old toyota with out any rattles!

Power Seats and shaker CD stacker

Get rid of the RATTLES please!

Worst Mustang ever, Don't buy Ford !!!
By ilcoolj

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

09/23/06 I financed a '06 Mustang GT, my 1st new car. Previously my family and I have had about 10 Fords. after 6 mos. the car stalled out, I didnt think anything of it. In'07 the problem became more noticeable I also had the battery replace twice. The alternator and L/F headlight (water). In'08 the problem became more frequent stalling between 30-40mph. The dealer couldnt find thr problem after frequent visits. In Feb.'09 I was going to trade it in for a used '08 Shelby GT500. The deal fell apart when the belt kept tearing. Took it to another dealer and was told crank was bad, waited 2 mos. to have engine rebuilt. called cust.service they're very nasty. Lemon law,govt agencies,legal no help

Old school design.

Buy Dodge or Chevy ! DO NOT BUY FORD !!!

My 1st Stang !
By StangGirl731

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a blast. I purchased my 06' Performance White GT Premium about 4 months ago. It drives like a dream, its everything I ever imagined. I wanted one since the day it came out and I'm not sorry for the purchase. I get a lot of compliments. So far I have not had any problems what so ever. I have taken it to the Ford dealership I purchased it from for oil changes and everytime so far everything has been 100%

Acceleration, exhaust note, comfortable seats, shaker 500 audio.

I don't get why Ford is still behind their rivals with certain aspects. Like the manual passenger seat? What is that?

great car bad battery and window system
By stevie

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive the car and to look at the car. I have had problems with the battery draining. I've jumped it 5 times. I've also had problems with the driver side window. I had to take it to the dealership 2 times for the same issue. The 3rd time it was out of warranty and the dealership didn't want to take ownership of the problem.

300 hp and the growl of the engine.

I don't like dealing with the dealership service department. They are not helpful and not pleasant. The window is a recurring unresolved issue.