Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Only a few minior issues
By DLJ

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive very little (about 5k miles per year), but when I do i like to wring it out around town, on the highway, and twisty back-country roads. This car handles them all very well. Haven't had any real issues, and have kept up with scheduled maintenance. I did have a transmission pan leak which was repaired by a dealer; a few months later it was leaking again and the dealer fixed it again (free as was still under warr. then). I have an extended warranty for peace of mind but don't anticipate needing it. There has always been a little squeak near the gauge cluster, which I meant to get fixed but it hasn't bothered me enough to do so.

After-market items that I have added are my favorite: sequential tail-lights, chrome Bullitt rims, rear 1/4 window louvers, front grill billet overlay, shorty antenna. I also removed the rocker panel stripes and "Mustang" lettering. The car gets compliments frequently.

For 2010 model year onward: go back to the 2005-2009 rear-end style! Standard equipment CD player that plays mp3 CD's (only plays regular CD's).

90,000 km, and all's good!!
By Andrew

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 9,000 km and 11 months old. The car has 90,000 km as of May 2010. The car has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. I have just replaced the tires and the original battery. The only issues have been: Engine check light on briefly at 87K, and self-cleared (must have been a loose gas filler cap), and the rear tail light bulbs blow every 15K or so ($4 bulb-big deal). Other than that: just oil and filter changes. Car has been very reliable and solid. Body creaks/groans at 90K are still minimal, but you can now tell the car is nearly 4 years old, lots of life left in it. I will replace shocks & struts this year and this should solve the problem.

Convertible top well designed: car parks outside mostly and does not leak.

Better engineered rear suspension for even better cornering; a wee more power for the V6 (maybe 230 stock??)

It is what it is
By Carl

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first new car purchase and I really liked it at first....Untill everyone in Oklahoma city bought one. Atleast there will be pleanty around to pull parts of in the salvage yard. Guys and gals, this car is what it is plus a tiny, tiny bit more..... It's a (new) $20,000 sports car. I do actually love mine and it runs great but I can see it going to pieces not too far down the road. It's starting to rattle a little much and the two "subs" in the door aren't subs.... Subs are made to play mounted in a box, not mounted in a door but hats off to ford for at least trying to be hip.

I love the "old school" look and the "stance". Also, it handles great. After driving my sons new GT, I realized how light and agile my car was/is. Electric seats....get right out of town.

Shaker 500 kinda sounds like crap. 500 watts??? I'll bet if you hooked it up to a multimeter, it's not putting out more than 15-20 true watts. Now split that up to all your mids and hi's and you get a ton of distortion at even semi-loud listening and for Gods sake, fix the freakin rattles.

Lemon Mustang
By shibemw

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice styling car and fun to drive when it is not heading back to dealership for unending mystery electrical problems. I have had to many problems with this car to ever want another sports car again. Couple that with a dealership that wants to nickel and dime you on warranty work makes for bad Ford business. Not a practical car to own in the winter time in Colorado Springs.

Color, interior styling.

None, it serves its purpose as a sports car.

First Stang
By hotshot22

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 17,000 miles and it was in perfect condition. The acceleration is decent but could always use more power. Handling has been excellent even in the 3 blizzards we've had this year. You do get bounced around quite a bit on bumpy roads but then again, it's not exactly a luxury car. My Color back-lighting is a cool feature to play around with. Insurance surprisingly wasn't that bad (considering I live in NJ). All in all this car has been amazing to own and a blast to drive considering it's a 110 HP improvement over my previous car.

My Color, convertible, styling inside and out, pony package headlights, and as stupid as it sounds, the heater in the car gets hot really quick. Great for bitter cold winters.

The 2011 mustang is pretty much going to take care of everything I was going to put down here. (More horsepower, better gas mileage, and improved interior) Also, it wouldn't hurt to MOVE THE CUP HOLDERS. It gets annoying in an automatic having a drink there,I can't imagine driving a manual like that