Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 67 pony back from the dead
By Steve

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No doubt about it, the car is fun to drive. The car looks great, everywhere I go I get people just walking up to me and telling me what a great car I have. If you are thinking about buying the Mustang, spend the extra $10,000 and get the Roush - it's worth every penny and makes the car stand out from the rest.

My favorite features is the Roush look and performance. My Mustang is white with blue race stripes.

Whipple supercharger and performance full length headers.

One-Dimensional Boy-Racer
By Dan

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After reading the raves here and on some other sites, I sprung for this vehicle without even a test drive. Boy! That was a mistake! Now I'm stuck with it until I can save up for another vehicle. In a nutshell: Interior noise off-the-chart. Weird "What gear am I in?" transmission...the list could go on, but I don't have enough room.

Performance. That's it. Oh yeah, cheap price for a new car with performance.

Improve over the hood visibility, relocate speedo/tach placement (steering wheel hides cluster), space speedo numbers, firmer shifts, on and on and on....

Reminds me of my '68
By jetmyke

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was time for my wife to get a new car. She selected the V6 Mustang. It has been a good choice! We were looking at the GT, but it only gets about 17 mpg around town (real world, I work with someone who has one) and the insurance was a bit high. Our Mustang is getting 21 mpg around town, which isn't too bad for a car this size. We have the pony package, so this car has TCS, anti-lock brakes, 17" wheels and GT suspension. Well worth the money. On the open road it rides quite well and has plenty of passing power. I plan on putting a cold air induction system and a Banks free flow exhaust on the car, should bump the HP up to 245. That will be plenty of juice!

Exterior styling, always turns heads when it goes by. Throw back interior is great and the V6 has a nice throaty sound. Fit and finish are quite good. The Shaker audio system is one of the best factory systems I have ever owned.

Electric passenger seat controls. Integrated compass and temperature read outs would be nice additions to the central message system. Kind of picky I know, but not much to complain about with this car!

Working man's sports car
By P51 Flyer

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Opted for 5 speed and 18" polished Bullitt style wheels. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. Looks good and has enough oomph to get you in trouble. Almost couldn't keep the car 'cause I didn't tell the wife about it. I have a bad habit of trading cars in every year! This is my 3rd Mustang and it keeps getting better and better. Will keep this one for at least the life of the loan. Previous ones I had were model year 2000 and 2002. I'm a fan of American muscle cars, old and new. This has high "bang for the buck" factor!

Torquey V8, pretty smooth 5 speed, and overall looks.

Same complaint about placement of cup holders.

2006 Mustang GT
By MIKE D

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Big bang for the buck. Roomy enough for two and space for luggage. Great styling inside and out. Constantly get positive comments on redfire color and 20" wheels and tires. Great handling and breaking. Acceleration is great and lays rubber on command. Great rumble from dual exhausts--may upgrade to Ford racing exhaust. Worth every penny of $31,000 price tag!

MYCOLOR lights display.

Offer GT with turbo or supercharger.