Used 2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Looks aren't everything!
By ChuckH

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

WOW! What a GREAT looking CAR. Inside AND out! Too bad looks aren't everything. Worst quality control I've seen in years. After 3600 miles this car has had a noisy rear end, exhaust vibration, front suspension noises, and three rattles in the dash! It also takes dealers more that one trip to fix. Huge disappointment overall.

1. Acceleration-VERY good! 2. Handling- EXCELLENT! 3. Looks-SHARP! 4. Seating- COMFORTABLE 5. Stereo-very good.

1. First and foremost..QUALITY CONTROL! Really PATHETIC for a 2006 auto! 2. Trunk release ONLY on KEY FOB! 3. A/C could be a good bit better.

Great Stang
By Mrtigger13

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned three Mustangs now, a 89 5.0, 98 Cobra and now the 06 GT. Love the V-8 power, good torque curve, reminds me of the 89 5.0. I have a redfire deluxe. I like the cloth seats with the little Mustang ponies. The interior quality has gotten very good in the last few years. Handling is very good, very balanced, brakes excellent. I love the retro looks, tri-bar tail lights and the big driving lights in the grill.

V-8 power, handling, brakes, looks.

Standard hood pins, like the Shelby GT500, vents in the hood.

New and already problems
By steve

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Well I've only had my car not even two weeks and it's already back at the dealer. I've been told its a bad PCM. So far it's already taken two days to get the part and it hasn't even arrived yet. In the mean time I have a rental car, a 2006 Escape. I miss my car. It's not even broken in yet and already I'm having problems. I mean I love driving it. I've gotten lots of compliments on it. But, you mean is this typical....

The power, when it's there. Very comfortable. More so then I thought it would be. Over all just a beautiful car.

Better stereo. Some times I have to turn it off and turn it back on so it works right. Make the back seats a little bigger. I know it's a sports car but a little more room would be really nice.

My 67 pony back from the dead
By Steve

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No doubt about it, the car is fun to drive. The car looks great, everywhere I go I get people just walking up to me and telling me what a great car I have. If you are thinking about buying the Mustang, spend the extra $10,000 and get the Roush - it's worth every penny and makes the car stand out from the rest.

My favorite features is the Roush look and performance. My Mustang is white with blue race stripes.

Whipple supercharger and performance full length headers.

Former Vette Owner
By MustangConvert

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Less than 500 miles on my Legend Lime GT and lovin every minute of it. The sound of the engine when you start it and when you open it up can't be beat. This car is every bit as fun to drive and powerful as my 1996 LT4 and the styling, both exterior and interior, puts that car to shame. My eight year old fits in the back seat just fine, but I wouldn't put any adults back there. I get positive comments every time I drive it. The 18" polished chrome wheels really set this car up nice.

Sound of the V8, 5 speed manual is very precise compared to my 1994 GT which was awful.

I agree with the cup holder comments, they are poorly placed.