Used 2006 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Toy With Attitude
By John

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I finally got the car I always wanted and couldn't be happier. This car turns heads wherever it goes and never fails to excite. It is a great daily driver but when you push the go pedal it pushes you back into your seat above 4 grand in a very nice continuous power band up till about 5000rpm before redline; even at 6000 ft in Colorado this car pulls nicely. The $4000 buck premium for the convertible is well worth it - the very well made rag top goes up and down fairly quickly and when up holds out the road noise pretty nicely. I highly recommend this vehicle for people that want a whole heck of a lot of fun for a very reasonable price.

Engine, engine, and the engine. This car has been totally embraced by the aftermarket makers for everything from CAI's to turbos to superchargers. The top is great and fit and finish seem very good for a domestic car.

Fix the darn skipper 500. Add more features for reading MP3's. Do something to liven up the center console that in all black is very very boring to look at. Chop the darn 18,000 foot radio antenna and shorten it.

Having fun
By S. Taylor

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm having the time of my life! After years of minivans & sedans, my wife decided I needed a "fun" car. I've wanted a Mustang since drooling over the 67's as a kid. This has all the style of that vintage, with the benefit of some 21st century engineering. The V6 has plenty of get up and go for my needs. I enjoy the modestly "throaty" sound, especially on startup. The leather interior and Shaker 500 sound system just add to the fun. While I would like to get even better gas mileage, it's hard to complain about 20 mpg (my average so far) given the power available. No more "lugging" up hills!

The looks from other guys my age who are clearly thinking "wow!" The power seat & lumbar support are also helpful for this aging fan.

Easier access to the seatbelt from front seats. Height adjustment for front passenger would also be nice. But that's really getting picky. It's a great car! My Reliability score is a guess at this point: too new to tell. But everything seems well constructed so far.

first new car
By K.P.

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wow! My first new car at 40 years old. I am having so much fun when my wife lets me. Now she wants one. It is truly a dream car. And the dealer was the best. We had the best experience a couple could have buying a new vehicle. I can’t say enough about how this car looks, runs; what a special prize at the right price. The color vista blue is an eye catcher - everyone comments on it. They ask what year it is because of the older style. Good choice! V6 with power but with great gas mileage. 18 in town.

The 67 look is a classic. but with new features like the color changing lights in dash.

Power seats.

Great Car
By Alex

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned! The styling is incredible, the price right, and the fun factor off the charts. Sounds and feels like a V8, yet gets decent V6 fuel economy. The front driver and passenger areas are roomy and comfortable with lots of leg room.

One of the best things about the Mustang is all the possible aftermarket modifications available for personalizing the car.

Offer a sunroof option.

06 Windveil blue GT
By Randy Smith

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first Mustang. It is incredible. The classic styling of it reminds my wife of her first car, which was a 65 Mustang! We are incredibly happy. It’s been washed and waxed truly detailed. It's beautiful.

The 300 hp v8 baby! It is great.

Factory tinted glass to block the sun more.