Used 2006 Ford Mustang Standard Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love It
By Biscuit

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 9th Mustang. All 5.0's. My buddies giggled when I showed up with mine. That was until I took them for a ride. Now four of them own a V6. Two more are in the market for one. I installed the dual exhaust, cold air intake, and a reprogrammer. This pony bucks now! It also rides like a dream. The fuel mileage is great on the highway, not so much in town. But that's my fault. Definitely get the 5 speed.

The ride and ease of adding more power. The Redfire color. I took the option of having no badges or the rear spoiler, not my style.

Light colored cloth seats stain easily, even water. Seatbelts too far back. A drink in the cup holders interfere with shifting.

My first white pony!
By Matt T.

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car, hands down. We did have to have some repairs done within the first 10,000 miles such as the shifter, fuel pump, etc. The gas tank on occasion will not accept a full tank of gas? This happened to my buddy also and he had his fuel tank replaced, sounded like a design error.

Quick pickup and great handling. Get a lot of compliments from people for its looks.

Design a better gas tank.

Have i found my perfect car?
By Douglas

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My on going quest for the perfect vehicle stopped at the 2006 Ford Mustang V6. I needed a car that looked cool, could carry my friends without too much complaint, and had that fun factor that everyone desires. After first gear I was sold. The pull was impressive. The salesman, who was obviously new to ford, actually asked if it was the V8. The cornering is tight and whips into parking spots effortlessly although the nose is long and sometimes deceptive to where it is. The gas mileage is better than expected, while cruising at 80 mph, I achieved 32 mpg. The cabin is roomy, even for a 6'2" guy like me. Even still, my knee tends to hit the hard plastic boarder of the center radio cluster.

1. Cool Factor - the looks and compliments that I receive 2. The fun factor - the responsive acceleration and the urge to modify 3. Practicality - gas mileage, 4 seats, folding rear seats 4. Comfortability - Supportive seats, roomy cabin, all controls are easily within reach.

Trunk release button in cabin! Cup holders in the rear as well, and dual exhaust for the V6 (or at least an option for dual exhaust).

Great Car
By Alex

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned! The styling is incredible, the price right, and the fun factor off the charts. Sounds and feels like a V8, yet gets decent V6 fuel economy. The front driver and passenger areas are roomy and comfortable with lots of leg room.

One of the best things about the Mustang is all the possible aftermarket modifications available for personalizing the car.

Offer a sunroof option.

sounds like a can of loose rocks
By wild Bill

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 mistake this month (04 - 2006), and really thought I was getting a good car, but every time I shift, it shudders and clunks as if the drivetrain is going to fall off the car. I took it in on 04-26-06 to have it checked out. They came back and said they called Ford's hot line and Ford told them to drive another Mustang with a 5 speed and see if it does the same thing Well it did, so Ford said that it is normal then, that they won't fix it because all the other v6 5 speeds make the same clunks on them, and if they get a lot of complaints on that, then they will research on that problem! Stay away from the V-6 5 speed.

I love the 60's look, v-6 has all the power you can ask for. Front seats sit real low to the ground so it gives you that muscle car filling. Sounds a little like a v-8. The 210hp v-6 has more power than the previous GT Mustangs.

Fix that clacking noise when shifting the 5 speed V-6!