Used 2006 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not Very Reliable!
By Jarred

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mustang but I have had so many problems with it I wish I could get rid of it! The first problem was the rear end started leaking at 2,000 miles, fixed. Hood insulation started burning at 2,500, fixed. Trunk popped on its own, fixed after 3 dealer visits. No start or die at idle, dealer cant find a problem. Mustang stripes below doors bubbled up, not fixed! Two weeks ago my car totally died, after fighting with Corporte Ford a week they let the dealer look at it, ignition coil pack fell off, yeah fell off, how in the hell! Car still dies and trembles hard at low RPM's! Oh to top it off Ford gave me a Chevy Cobalt to drive while they fixed mine...I'd buy a Cobalt, thats the truth!

Looks you get, Pony package accents, my leather seems very durable, chrome and satin accents in interior, seats hold you, TCS bypass control, Shaker 500, looks great in Fords maintnance bay!

Make the car more reliable (sits in Fords garage more than mine), Trunk release in car, Gas tank lock with release in car, steering wheel mounted radio controlls, factory dual exhaust (cheap forign car have it), rear end gets loose on the smallest of bumps, shiftronic trans, plate on dead pedal!

Fun Car
By Megan

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 4 months. I just started college, and I use the car for my 6 hour drive to and from school. It makes the drive pretty well. However, when I am in the passenger seat during the drive, I get annoyed with the way the dash is set up. It's hard to put your feet up. Also, the seat doesn't recline very far. The seats are very comfortable though. I am always cold and my boyfriend is always hot, so I really like how easy it is to close the vents on one side of the car. I just had to replace the gear shift at 15,000 miles. I would like a larger back seat, but it's as big as would be expected for a Mustang. It's hard to get in and out of because of the long doors.

CD player and style, comfortable seats, the vents, driver and passenger windows roll down and up with just one touch, good acceleration, fun to drive, good headlights and brights, beeps until passenger puts on seatbelt (but knows when it's just the dog and doesn't beep).

Small back seat, can't lock the windows, the gear shift, the door design, small and oddly shaped trunk, gas mileage, cruise control doesn't stay on speed as well as I would like, middle of backseat is awkward, radio controls on steering wheel, speakers, visibility when changing lanes.

2006 Mustang
By Darrell Gray

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a V6 It's fast. Most V8 don't have a chance.

Power and style. Handling is super in curves.

Find a fit for the gas tank. Only able to hold a half tank when filling up. Transmission grinds going into 2nd gear. Been in shop 3 times, no fix.

All Show, Not Enough Go
By Brian

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I knew Ford had a winner when I saw the wonderful concept car. With slick retro styling and more power, I was sure I would love the car. I really like both interior and exterior styling and the car is very comfortable, even with the stiff(ish) suspension tuning. The car handles pretty well for the money too. I am a bit disappointed with the lack-luster acceleration. I'm not looking for high-end V8 numbers here, but I don't feel even a slight surge when flooring the accelerator-even when downshifting first. It seems to accelerate the same whether the pedal is at half-way or pinned to the floor. Most of us don't drag race these things, but a little more power would be appreciated.

The styling is great. A nice mixture of retro and modernistic styling. Pretty good shifter too.

Straight line acceleration would be great. Nothing too ridiculous, just enough to remind us that we are in fact, in a Mustang. I'd also like to see a different position for the cup holders. Cups tend to get in the way of shifting.

Lime green Mustang convertible
By Lisa Socha

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Mustang . I wouldn't change a thing about it. Love the color too (Lime Green).

The convertible top.

I would make it so the back seats can fold down just in case I needed more room in the trunk.