Used 2006 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2006 Mustang
By Darrell Gray

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a V6 It's fast. Most V8 don't have a chance.

Power and style. Handling is super in curves.

Find a fit for the gas tank. Only able to hold a half tank when filling up. Transmission grinds going into 2nd gear. Been in shop 3 times, no fix.

THIS PONY ROCKS by Sean
By BOLD MOVES

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 06' GT is Redfire/Black interior and 18" polished aluminum Bullets. This is my 5th Mustang since 1982 and by far it out performs all the others. To date, I have 8500 problem free miles on this pony. I added the Homelink rear view mirror, trunk cargo divider, window tint, nad XM radio. I consistently average 19 MPG city (without A/C) and up to 26 MPG level highway at 70 MPH. This is a "creature-comfort" Mustang...unlike the past Mustangs. The looks and questions I get in parking lots and traffic? Constant! Interesting note - night driving with fogs on attracts oncoming high beam flashers. All-in-all, if you're thinking of buying one? Do it! BOLD MOVES...YEAH!

The drivers seat-fits like a glove. Acceleration-awesome! Exhaust rumble.

Rethink foglamps. Hatch-back would be nice. XM ready SHAKER system. Maybe 50 to 75hp increase in the GT. Infiniti G is now 306hp. Can't have that! A 400 mile range tank. Interior could be more scratch resistant.

Love My Stang
By Ernesto Cancio

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best Mustang GT I ever owned; not has fast as my 1986 but it was not governed. At the age of 45 speed not that important but it looks good and feels even better.

18' low profile pony wheels, fast back design, retro to 1969.

Don't like the window delay design.

Awesome Car
By Awesome!! by Tom

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a head-turner, everyone comments on it. Took a friend for a ride and he said "I didn't think they made cars like this anymore, this thing is unbelievable. I had the GT-500 stripes, side window louvers, taillight bezels and special grill added to this. I am planning to add a Roush supercharger to take this to 415hp. I love this car. This is the most customizable car on the planet. There are thousands of cool add on parts for this car.

Looks--Power--Handling, all this at a very affordable price.

Larger fuel tank.

2006 Mustang GT
By GH

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car, for the money it can't be beat, and I've always been a Chevy guy! (3 Z/28's). The engine has a sweet note above 3000 rpm and pulls solid to 6000. The most surprising thing has been the great gas mileage, it's much better than I expected. I think that there is tons of room for simple, effective performance gains and in a few years 400-500 HP S197's will be everywhere, Shelbys not withstanding,

Great retro looks. Good power and sound. Just too fun to drive.

Engine runs on regular unleaded, which is cheaper of course, but I'd gladly pay the extra few dollars per tank for the performance improvements of premium fuel.