Used 2006 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great car, and holds up well
By Brandon - STANG281

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned it for about 2 1/2 years now, I have about 45,000 miles on it. This was my first car, first manual. The clutch has been slipping for the past 10,000 miles or so (but held up well in my opinion). The handle/knob broke off of the driver seat release to lift it forward in order to get to the back seat. The rear differential has the TSB whining noise during low speed turns. And I also had a problem a few times with the TSB of water leaking into the passenger floorboard and causing some electrical problems. Overall, it's held up very well considering the abuse it's received. The seats are uncomfortable on a 2 1/2+ hour drive. The gas mileage is bearable, and not bad for the performance

Power, handling, engine/exhaust sound, great exterior and interior styling, MyColor gauges, 18" Bullitt wheels

Water tightness of the build, at least one cupholder for the backseat, armrest for backseat, gas mileage, power

Love It
By Biscuit

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 9th Mustang. All 5.0's. My buddies giggled when I showed up with mine. That was until I took them for a ride. Now four of them own a V6. Two more are in the market for one. I installed the dual exhaust, cold air intake, and a reprogrammer. This pony bucks now! It also rides like a dream. The fuel mileage is great on the highway, not so much in town. But that's my fault. Definitely get the 5 speed.

The ride and ease of adding more power. The Redfire color. I took the option of having no badges or the rear spoiler, not my style.

Light colored cloth seats stain easily, even water. Seatbelts too far back. A drink in the cup holders interfere with shifting.

My first white pony!
By Matt T.

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the car, hands down. We did have to have some repairs done within the first 10,000 miles such as the shifter, fuel pump, etc. The gas tank on occasion will not accept a full tank of gas? This happened to my buddy also and he had his fuel tank replaced, sounded like a design error.

Quick pickup and great handling. Get a lot of compliments from people for its looks.

Design a better gas tank.

Best bang for your buck!
By Alan

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Mustang, my last being an '88 GT convertible that I also bought new. What a difference 18 years can make! This car is faster, smoother, quieter (yes, I know a convertible is noisier, I'm comparing to friends' '88 GT hatchback), quicker around the corners, stops better, sounds better and gets better gas mileage to boot. What's not to love? This car was love at first sight. I sold two cars to swing the downpayment and special ordered the car with all the toys - 18" wheels, and a 1000 watt 6 disc with subwoofers in the trunk. I'm a stick shift guy and this car has a wonderfully smooth transmission that shifts much better than my '88 GT. I commute 55 mi./day and get 22mpg

The stereo which can rattle windows a block away. The wide power band that will idle in first gear in traffic or tear your head off with a redline power shift.

Instant MPG in numbers instead of the stupid bar graph. Thicker padding on the seats for better long distance comfort.

Love our Mustang
By ida

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We were going to wait till next year to buy a car but when we saw the Mustang we were sold. Everything on it we really like. There is so much room for my husband who is 6'3". Owned a smaller vehicle but was always cramped. Would recommend it to anyone. Brought back old memories of the Ford Mustang. Going to put it in a show on July 19.

The look of the car it is so close to being the old style of the Mustang. The performance and the ride. The space in the trunk is great

A trunk release. The seatbelts are a little to far back to reach. On the passenger side there is no way to unlock the door if the remote wouldn't work or the drivers side would not be able to open. Other then that just great!