Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One Super Car
By DC Dave

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 GT with 5,000 miles on it and in absolute perfect condition. This car is a blast to customize and an absolute head turner.

Haven't found anything I don't like

None

Bought it new, falling apart
By Brenda

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2006 Mustang v6 Coupe is my 7th Mustang, I bought it new off the lot, and it's left me stranded all over town--thank God I have roadside assistance! After two years of ownership a dead battery left me stranded out at work at midnight, in March I'll have had the car 3 years and I just had to put a new transmission in it at 68,000 miles. The Ford dealer said that since I hadn't had the transmission serviced at 30,000 mile intervals like the manual says I need to, they can't help. I've not had the oil changed exactly every 3,000 miles, does this mean the engine is going to blow? Very poor quality.

Great handling, when it's running.

Free roadside assistance after 30,000 miles.

Great retro fun, but...
By Intothewest

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car after convincing my wife we "needed" a convertible. Since we have a child, we needed something with a back seat. Since I needed a "sports" car (re: not FWD), the Mustang was the only real option. After years of disliking Mustangs (Fox platform versions), and driving several Japanese cars (Civics, WRX, etc), I was pleasantly surprised how quickly this car reminded me what's important in a car...a good sounding and performing engine, great looks, and back-to-basics simplicity, which means living with some shortcomings. The rear live axle can feel a little unplanted on rough roads during spirited cornering. The interior materials quality is also low-rent in look and feel.

Sound, power, low end torque...there are 6's out there now that offer as much or more power, but don't deliver in good ol'V8 fashion. Retro styling in and out gives this car a unique, and classic feel. Back to basics driving - no over-the-top nanny gear or electronics.

The engine is fantastic, but obviously worse on gas. I've averaged about 17 US MPG. For the price, the interior looks cheaper than anything out there. Questionable design choices (re: cost cutting) as well, such as the 80's style antenna, no power for driver seat back, rear live axle, etc.

Great Ride!
By Shivel

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had wanted a Mustang since my teen years and bought one 30 years later. I bought the base model. I havent had any trouble with it since purchasing. Has great get up and go I love shifting gears! Holds the road great and that says something with all the winding country roads we have in WV. Good gas mileage on the highway, not so good in city.

Stick shift, CD player, and the great paint job.

Seat covers are cheapo, the driver side seat has never laid correctly. If I were to purchase another I would spring for leather.

Drive It Like I Stole It
By luangtom

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got back into the Mustang as a retiree and do not regret it. It is a fun car to drive and fulfills all my needs as a daily driver. Ya gotta love the V8 using regular-gas. It is also easily personalized and that is what I am in the process of doing.

The throaty sound from the exhaust is a favorite feature, as is the fact that one can use regular-gas with the V8 engine.

A little more storage in the doors would be a plus, as would more cup-holders. Having the arm-rests a bit higher would be more comfortable.