Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Flashback brings back muscle
By tommye

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was waiting for a car like this my whole life. I love it. The ripping engine sound, the style, the interior. The new traction control the old Mustangs lacked.

Brushed aluminum dash, old spinner style rims

I just wish they didnt use plastic parts in areas where metal would have been better suited. in the trunk, in the interior.

3rd times even better
By mardabas

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd 6 cyl. Mustang I've owned and this one is by far my favorite. The fit and finish is great, the performance is so far beyond my 95 that its closer to the fox body v-8. I like it so much that this is the first Stang that I'm upgrading visualy and performance wise. That's saying something about the passion this car causes in me as my first Stang was purchased in 1973. My only complaint would be the fuel fill problem that occurs once in awhile, the tank won't take a fill up at times. Overall, all I can say is that it kills me from Nov. to April when I store it.

Very poor Quality
By mustanggrl2005

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have owned!! Been in the shop several times. Unable to fix front end noise. Been stuck on the side of the interstate 3 times. First problem accurred before the 30 days temp tag was up. Shaker 1000 was fixed 3 times. Very hard to put fuel in it, the pump shuts off after $1.00 or sooner. Ford states No problem there!! I have had Electrical problems, E-brake locking up. rear end out, stereo not working, and the list goes on!!! If u are a mechanic then this is the car to drive!! Buyers beware! Ford needs to make some improvements!

Like the color Windveil blue

Take lessons from honda, toyota, and Nissan. They seem to last! Better customer support! Dealing with Ford is very Hard!

Fun on a budget
By Robert

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have 29,000 miles on my Mustang, bought it new when there were few on the lot and have not had the first problem. I have had mine to Miami and to Niagara Falls, ON twice and everywhere in between. The gas mileage has always been good, the best being 29mpg which I just did on a trip to Orlando and around town is usuallyin the 20-22 range depending upon my foot. The pickup and passing are excellent for a v-6 and love shifting into the 4 speed range for passing. Next one will be a GT convertible.

Stereo, a/c and short turning radius

Lumbar support as standard equipment

Black Beauty GT Convertible
By Mustang lizzy

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the love of my life! Unfortunately the Colorado State Police pay way too much attention to it too! I bought a 5 speed & can't imagine driving an automatic. When I want to pass someone on our mountain roads I leave them in my dust & by the way - I'm a baby boomer lady. I love the shift throw & have no problem with the clutch. I do wish the CD changer digital read-out was easier to see. My only problem with this car is the convertible lock down system. I also drive on some bumpy dirt roads & the convertible top shakes & shimmys more than it should. There are also some serious blind spots to watch for. I love my mag wheels & the Bullet sound! Not much winter driving tho.

This car has been very reliable so far. It is beautiful & so smooth that I have to watch my speed closely! I have to put on the cruise control on I- 25 in Walsenburg because of stealth cops with their instant on radar. Sadly, I don't get to drive it much in the winter & it beds down in my garage.

As I said before, I think the convertible lock-down system needs to be corrected as well as the shimmy where it connects to the windshield. The digital readout on the CD changer is very hard to see in hard daylight too.