Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Views
By Betty

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the new body style! I knew as soon as I saw the new body style before they even were in production I had to have one. I have owned a '79 and '81 Mustang, they do not even compare to my '05. I have had some minor issues such as CD player replacement and driver's side door handle problems but those were taken care of pronto. I do not plan to get rid of this car. I am very happy with my purchase.

Body style of course! You have so many options, you can really make it your own.

More padding in the seats (leather). Better fuel mileage (but everyone is looking for that aren't they?).

My New 05 Mustang love affair
By Jack Parker

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first new car since 1983 and it was worth the wait. Ford really got it right. Great performance, great fun, looks, personality and value. Two GTs for one Corvette. I love Corvettes but I just can't pass this Mustang by. I like the fold down back seats. Just can't find much to fault anywhere.

Power, handling, comfort, styling, are all fantastic for the price.

I would like a bigger gas tank for more range. Also, the gas filler system is balky at some newer pumps. A re-design might be needed. A locking gas filler should be included also.

Mustang GT
By Carl Thomas

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

since owning the car I have had many favorable comments on the new design. All my friends that have driven the car are impressed with the handling and performance.

The new design and improved braking system.

18" wheels and possible choice of installing a supercharger from Ford.

Fun Car
By Barry

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the best looking cars at any price. It has been flawless. Factory stereos could be better, but I do like the MP3 option. Lots of thumbs up and positive comments about this car. I have the GT with the 5 speed auto. I've never driven a car that was such a blast to simply drive! Gas mileage is not too bad on the highway, but in stop and go conditions it drops down pretty quickly, 24 mpg highway, 16.5 mpg around town, but I drive with a heavy-ish foot -- with this car it's hard not to. I would buy another without a second thought, way to go Ford!

Drivetrain!

Better stereo and speakers, more power!

Worth every penny, and then some...
By cobragt

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It would take me all day to describe everything I love about this car. As a faithful Mustang lover, and owner of several, Ford has really outdone themselves with the 05 GT. Handles great, plenty of power, and looks awesome. I have already driven the car a little over 37,000 miles, and let me tell you, I've enjoyed every mile! It's a pleasure to drive when you have a car this B-E-A-utiful!

Center fog lights, handling, acceleration. Definitely styling! All the looks from other people!

Somewhat of a wacky place for the E- brake. Inside trunk release anyone?