Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car
By Jim Stainton

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Fun, fast, good fuel economy and runs on regular gas and gets a lot of high fives.

Great looks, economy and cheap gas.

Quality could be better; drive train very loud and clunky.

My Pony Car
By ct

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Mustang. I started with a 6 cylinder. and never looked back. Number two was a GT and now I own the best looking 2005 GT made. White with red stripes. This is the greatest car I have ever owned. Power, performance and personality. From the red stripes to the red leather interior to the dash, this car says power. I recommend only the 5 speed. Why buy a GT then go with the auto transmission. Short shift is very easy, even in traffic. This is an all around great car. I love my pony.

Standard transmission, red accents.

None.

I Love it!
By Mustang05pony

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have driven in a long time. As the ad states: Get up and gone!" When you kick it and look in the rear view mirror the cars behind you are gone. The stereo in the car is like sitting at a concert. The Shaker 1000 is far superior over the Shaker 500. But with a base in the trunk the 500 sounds great! I highly recommend this car to anyone that wants a car that is "it". It's stylish, dependable, beautiful, and hard to drive anything else. Even my convertible Pontiac is not getting driven as much as it should because I have Mustang withdrawals when I am not driving it. I enjoy it so much that we bought a V-8 too. The downfall - cops pull you over so they can see it.

My Color change option and the radio make this car good.

Minor. When cleaning the car, water accumulates under the spoiler so it drips some dirt right after cleaning it.

I love my Mustang
By Heather

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my convertible 2 months ago and I love it! It's so much fun to drive around and I can't go anywhere without someone commenting on the car. There's really no other car like it.

The old school style.

The rims get greasy very fast.

I Love My New 'Stang!
By Kim

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! It is the best and most fun car I have ever owned. It's eye catching, fun to drive, and makes me feel good whenever I get in it - especially when I can get out there with the top down and the music blaring. It's not possible to be mad, sad, or in a bad mood when you are in this car. I got it in Torch Red with a Parchment top - absolutely perfect!

Do I have to choose? The convertible top, the driving comfort, the power (it really goes!), the retro look, you name it!

I'd like to see it have more leg room in the rear seat and more trunk space - only downfalls I have noticed.