Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Total Blast!
By n8tivarkie

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've been a driver of pickups for the past 15 years, but after test driving this car, I was a changed man. What a rush! Ford has returned the Mustang to its power status. The GT is a monster out of the box ... if you have a choice, go with the 5 speed versus the auto. It's a muscle car, not a cruiser. This is without a doubt the most fun driving I've ever had!

One word: POWER! "My color" option is nice, but takes some getting used to. Shaker 500 system has plenty of thump.

Drink holders are placed right where your arm should rest to shift gears. When a drink is in one, it's awkward to shift around it.

For my wife
By Yves Soucy

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife was thinking of getting a new car. I surprised her with a new Mustang. I was gonna buy a coupe but my dealer gave me a great deal on a convertible. As there are still so few convertibles available we were lucky to get one and are we glad we did! It's screaming yellow just like all the print ads. I added the GT grill and fog lights and the car is a real head turner. We love it! The car is a blast to drive and the V6 has plenty of power. No need for a GT. This is the best Mustang to date.

Convertible, Shaker500 stereo, overall appearance.

Should have a little better gas mileage.

Awesome '05 Pony
By Marilyn Osburn

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the vehicle with three small exceptions. Two weeks after I took delivery one of the center caps flew off on the expressway. I ordered a new one from the dealership and it's been one week and it still isn't in. The second is the drainage set up around the deck lid. It drains down between the body and the back of the taillight and takes all the debris with it. I'm talking leaves,etc. I also think the shoulder harnesses could be more comfortable. They seem to catch everyone across their neck. Those are very small items and I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for something fun to drive. It turns a LOT of heads and is a real conversation starter with strangers!

Excellent handling, 1000 watt Shaker sound system, "My Color" display, very comfortable seats, more leg room than the previous body style. Pretty quick for a six cylinder.

Secure the center caps; design the shoulder harness so it doesn't catch across the neck; stop the leaves, etc. from draining behind the taillights from around the deck lid.

AWESOME RIDE!
By Silver stang by Al

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Took eight weeks to take delivery. Worth the wait. Awesome looking car. My eight year old's little league team went bonkers over it. I have everyone from teenagers to seniors asking me about the car. The red leather interior is outrageous. Here in south Florida where expensive and exotic cars are the norm, the car stands out. The V-6 is more than sufficient power plant. Drives awesome in the city and cruises at speed without a whisper. Only cars I have owned as fun to drive have been Beemers or Jaguar.

The car's look has to be its best feature. The interior with the chrome dash, red leather interior(worth the money), and My Color dash make the car awesome. Best standard stereo equipment of any car in its price range. The car's seating position is comfortable even for six footers who are 200 lbs. plus.

ABS brakes with traction control should be standard. It is needed. Auto- headlamps, inside trunk release, auto dimming rear view mirrors. Upgrade to a little wider tire would be terrific. Would look better and improve handling even more.

New Mustang
By Sunniebunnie

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The new 2005 Mustang is awesome. It is so much fun to drive and you wouldn't believe how many times I have been stopped by people telling me how beautiful the car is.

The color ... Torch Red.

The fuel tank will not allow you to pump gas into it. It thinks it is full and keeps shutting off. Seems there is a problem with the design of the fuel tank. Brakes are grinding and squeak non-stop. I can wash the wheels and within minutes they are covered in brake dust again.