Used 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Tell Your Wife
By Schatzie

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Be sure to tell your wife to adjust the seat so she can depress the clutch all the way to floor for each shift and for starting car. Frantic call #(1) "Car won't start" Frantic call #(2) "Rear windows are down and I do not know how to make them go up. Frantic call #(3) overhead light won't go off and rear windows are down again. Explained the lights will go off automatically after you exit the door and showed her the little buttons to turn off/on individual lights. Also explained button that makes top go up and down and if pushed will make rear windows go down. Why didn't I tell her before? I had to sell the 5 speed and thought the A/C and rear defrost and electric seats was a success.

5 speed.

Dealer explain how to sell your wife on car.

Best car I have ever owned!
By patricia dunn

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never spoken with more strangers or had more people talk cars with me than when I started driving this '05 Mustang GT convertible last year. It has called for so much attention because of its incredible beauty! It has awesome power and iI never fear pulling out at intersections anymore because NOW I KNOW I can make the turn without getting in someone's way. I GO! "She goes!" Entering and exiting military posts has guards drooling over this gorgeous retro Stang. With the top down, folks pull up beside me and start chatting about it. I just wish I had bought this earlier in the year to enjoy it longer!

Its power and speed is my favorite, though I stay close to the speed limit. But to just LOOK at it is amazing still 13 months later still. Using the convertible top is so easy and fast to put back up if it starts to rain.

Cupholder in odd place for manuals. Would like passenger seat to have power control as well and heated seats (now in '07s) would be nice. No leaks while inside the car on a rainy day, but opening the door does allow some water to drip in. Perhaps all convertibles do that.

Lemon Mustang
By Total Lemon

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for just over 3 months and have had nothing but problems. The car has been out of service for almost 40 days. Just got the car back from the dealer on Friday, they had it for 26 consecutive days and can't fix a clicking/popping sound in the front end. Called Ford technical service and are sending a tech in on 11/01/06 to look at the car. The headliner is falling out -now held in place with cardboard shims, rear axle bearings and seals replaced, front and rear rotors already turned, rear quarter windows replaced because of rusty screws holding the weather strips, parking break lever replaced, finish coming of the chrome a/c vent, rocker moldings loose and the list goes on.

None. The car is junk. Currently involved in a lemon law battle with Ford. They seem to think all of these problems are fine. Do not buy a Ford Mustang, they are junk. Go to the Edmunds Forums and see for yourself. Shop else where and save yourself a nightmare.

Stop production and start over with a new development team. Use quality materials through out the car. The materials used in the Mustang are really low grade.

Maybe its just my luck
By MyPoorPony

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Premium Convertible. My first car I've bought on my own. So far I've had it in twice for the fuel pump and I'm taking it in to get the top replaced because the rear defroster stopped working. I've had the gear shifter replaced in it. I'm not happy camper with this car. If it wasn't for all these problems, I'd absolutely love this car. Rides great, minus the time it stopped running on the middle of I-95. Love driving with the top down, love the audio in it. Maybe I just got a bad pony. But I won't ever buy a Ford again, the service is awful.

Driving with the top down.

Too many to list....

10 OUT OF 10
By Steve

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never been so happy with a vehicle. I'm a 44 year old former 'hot rodder' who has owned several muscle cars from the 1960's and 70's. The 2005 Mustang represents the best of all those cars but on a modern platform that you can drive everyday under full warranty. I have nothing but praise for how it looks, drives and makes me feel when I'm behind the wheel. This car rocks with a capital 'R'. How Ford managed to combine the retro styling, with practical driveability, awesome performance and comfort, plus head turning good looks while remaining the lowest priced 300HP car out there is pure genius!

FORD understands guys like me who want to go for a cruise, with a high performance V8 that sounds wicked and surges forward when requested to do so, turns heads, has great handling and a kicker stereo. We don't care if it has ton of doo dads!

Memory added to the electric seat. Get rid of the hood prop. Tilt steering mechanism could use improvement. But these are minor and are hardly worth mentioning.