Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2005 Ford Mustang GT
By Brandy Bergstresser

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My new Ford GT has been awesome to drive. It's the best car I've ever owned. It's power is incredible and it's so smooth. I barely even notice when I go over a bump, and there's no wind noise. It's very comfortable. My leather interior is so fine. The Ford Mustang GT exterior and interior is extremely well made. I've had SO many compliments on it! As soon as people see it and drive it, they want to own one themselves.

My favorite feature on my Mustang GT is the dark, leather interior. It's so comfortable to slide into.

I hate to complain, but if there could be an improvement on the Ford Mustang, I would have to say it's the seat belts. They are placed a little too far back. I feel like I have to twist my entire body around to grab it. But it's only in the front seat. Both sides. The back seat is fine.

V6 Premium Coupe, Fun on Wheels
By lcimpala65

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The V6 premium coupe is over shadowed by its big brother. Ford purposely downplays the performance of this model. The 4.0 is all you need. This thing has ample power, and will accelerate in a flash with four people on board. It is a blast to drive, you'll find yourself longing for open road.

The body style is right on the money, it looks fast just sitting in the drive.

Larger tires on the V6 model. Bucket seats with recline angle memory.

AWESOME!
By david

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I saw the new Mustang, and it was MUST HAVE IT. I have no disappointment at all. The features are easy to use, the drive is FUN, FUN, FUN. The LX 6 cylinder, 4.0 convertible is great. Ride is smooth, even when you hit some bumps. Talked with some people who have the GT, and their only complaint is the gas mileage. If you have never owned a Mustang (this is my first one) don't hesitate -- GET IT.

Everything.

More room to lower the steering wheel.

Wild,Wild Horses
By Fun in Fla.

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first convertible! Coming from an SUV I worried about driving a car. This is fun, fun, fun. Love the retro look inside and out. Although I downsized it is roomier than expected. I can pack up for the beach in no time. Good pick up, glides through traffic, even in the rain.

Shaker 1000 stereo system rocks. You gotta love Torch Red. Beats anti- depressants!

I love this car!
By AzBaseballmom

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a beauty in all ways. The style, the handling, the interior and the sporty exterior. We ordered our '05 V6 convertible exactly the way we wanted it, with all the bells and whistles. It took 2 months to get here but it was well worth the wait. My husband and I are both enjoying this car like no other we have every had. We ride with the top down everyday (and we live in AZ); we may be hot, but at least were styling' and loving it!

"MyColor" iIllumination - ability to change dash light colors. Convertible top.

More rear leg room.