Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

05 Stang
By kjoe

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Flawless. The car has traction control and even worked well this winter during all the snow. Has new all season tires same model as original BFG and they are great. The car routinely achieves 26 MPG. We have had the car since new and still get compliments. Great buy and super reliable.

Style, handling, MPG, Power

Pretty nice ride
By nice

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 v6 Ford mustang in August of 2008. I had a Jeep wranlger before it and it was a huge change. It has an amazing amount of standard features, smooth ride and astounding handling (especially on turns)! I would suggest though, don't go in the mud... I bottoms out really easy, so if the roads dirt, don't test it but if you stay on concrete it's a pretty Nice ride. It also has amazing leg room, I'm 6,2 with and when I put the seat all the way back I can make my legs completely straight! It's amazing! But I will warn you with the seat all the way back it basically touches the back seat. So if you have ppl in the back you do have to sacrifice a lot of leg room!

smooth ride, great acceleration, leg room, and tight turning circle

There is alot of plastic on the inside. The car looks so nice except if you touch the inside it feels cheap because of all the plastic. i've heard they fixed that on the 2010 models though. other than that this car's amazing!

the best car that you can buy!
By Rodolfo Fuenzalida

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car means only pleasure. I am a Mustang lover, this is the first one that I bought and I can tell you that the car is the best of the best. Its retro style and power engine only can give you good moments. Mine is convertible, then drive with the top down is really a dream.

retro style, acceleration, sound, cd player, and general look.

the automatic transmission could be better.

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
By Brandon

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It is a Blast to drive every single time!! Truly feels like you are in a 67' fastback! Only problem I've had with it is the oxygen sensor going out, but not to worry It's a GREAT car! The A/C blows SUPER cold, I never have to use the full power of it. It has plenty of horsepower, in fact when the light turns green it's a struggle not to laugh and spin the tires leaving the Prius next to you in your rear view mirror. Mine has a borla exhaust that produces a sound second to none! It is extremely reliable and never lets you down. If you are not having fun with this car you are doing something wrong!

The 60's mustang throwback dashboard, the opera window (similar to the 1966 shelby hertz), the color changing gauges (look like the gauges in the 1967-68), The retro styled steering wheel, and the aluminum trim. The best part of the whole car is how the exhaust growls when you launch the car!!!

More horsepower, seriously there is no such thing as too much horsepower. A Borla catback exhaust and cold air intake to come stock. But seriously I should not complain because it's a great car. I am glad I drive a Ford Mustang GT and not something like a Toyota Prius!!

Terrible!
By Danny

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I cant keep this car out of the shop. Rear end AND tramission been replaced twice, trunk swicth, stereo as well, seat belts wont unlock sometimes, and battery dies often. Ford doesnt want to do anything about it. Interior looks good but is cheap plastic and rattles ALL the time. I was a ford mustang guy until i got this car. Oh yeah, pumping gas takes forever.

color, sound system (when its working)

Take pride in this car, and stand behind it