Used 2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One Bad Pony
By Eduardo

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What can i said i'm a Ford lover. This is my Mustang #5 and all I got to say that is a beast on the road. Awesome performance, body design, nice retro dashboard. Bottom line Ford did it again, great work! My only suggestion is the suspension should be dropped at least 1.5 inches. Car needs to be able to handle better in curves.

HP, body style, dashboard, TCS, awesome punch when driving a bit fast.

Lower suspenssion.

Fun While It Lasted
By drmithra

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I loved the looks and had to have one. No sunroof offered, no climate control available, no factory nav, no MP3 dock, I didn't care. Ripping to redline had it's own reward. Two years later a third child, a rattling dash and $3 gas made me realize this isn't a car for a long term relationship. To get 300hp for so little money corners must be cut. I still love the car on weekends, but commuting realities mean I'm trading it in. Goodbye, we'll always have Paris.

V-8 grunt w/a five speed manual tranny, bang for the buck

Less rattle from the under the dash

2005 Mustang GT premium
By Jonathan

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If Ford makes all future Mustangs live up to this one, you will always find me in the driver's seat of one. I fell in love with this design when I saw it unveiled in numerous magazines and auto shows. From an interior that leaves you feeling swaddled in comfort to the retro gauges that seem to smile when you take a seat and a beautiful body design, this car catches the very elements that an American muscle car should have; attitude and appeal. The car is affordable and the performance is great. Space could be better, but works for a muscle car. Gas mileage is good considering V8 power and curb weight. Overall, kudos to FMC. This car has punched its ticket in the automotive hall of fame.

Interior/exterior design, performance, stereo, my-color gauges.

Better fuel economy and/or lighter body, wider mouth on trunk for cargo, better rear leg-room, leather seats should be all leather.

Love it, Drive it, Beat it, Race it.
By 300HPGT

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have now owned my 2005 Mustang GT Coupe for 2 1/2 years and have put 91,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new and I love this car. I drive it extremely hard and the only things that have had to be replaced on the car were because of my driving habbits. I race the car on weekends and power shift daily. I am on my second transmission and 4th clutch because I am so hard on it. 1st trans warranty replaced. The alternators stink on this car. Had one replaced under warranty. Need another. It causes a cam shaft sensor problem but oh well I still love the car. Overall I give it a 10 and love driving the car 100 miles every day for work and for pleasure on the weekends. It's built Ford tough!

Acceleration, handling after being lowered, Looks, fun factor, putting a grin on my face taking out '01 Corvettes.

Better electrical system, better alternator, better seats, different cup holders for M5.

Supercharged GT is Super
By tommyboy

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Our '05 Supercharged Mustang GT Premium is a real blast to drive! We loved the stock 300 H.P. Stang as it came, after we added the Vortech SQ polished Supercharger with the matching air-to-water intercooler she really came to life! The Supercharger with the intercooler is the answer to serious Stang 500 H.P. The Vortech is a real addition to the beauty of this car as well. We show it in the local CA. car shows and people always flock around to check it out.We take people out for a little test drive and they are always so surprized at the power this Stang will display."I'm still shaking" is not uncommon. In terms of bang for the buck, you can't beat the supercharged Stang!

Design and performance