Used 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Grinning ear to ear.
By Darlis Whitworth

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited 6 weeks after ordering for delivery. V-6 Premium convertible. White with Parchment top and parchment leather, interior upgrade package, 5 speed auto, anti-lock brakes/traction control, exterior sport appearance package. Even non-Ford fans can`t help but take a second look and make positive comments. Neighborhood kids coming by to take a look. Power and shift ranges seems just about right for a v-6. After careful examination can't find any flaws with paint or fit of exterior parts. Still playing with the My Color dash light feature (can`t decide on color I like best).Top is getting easier to lock down after raising it as it stretches. Less than expected road noise with top up.

Like the overall body shape and style. Interior upgrade package really looks good; always get comments on it. Leather seat is easy to get comfortable in; am 6ft 2in, 200 lbs. Plenty of leg and head room. Room to put right foot when on cruise control.

Softer arm rests both door and center console. I use towels on mine.

American Muscle
By Ammitt

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has consistently ruled for 40 years and it will continue to rule in my opinion. My dream is one day to own the original Bullitt mustang. I think I know the car well as in my lifetime I have owned 13 different Mustang models, from the tiny Mustang 2, all the way to a 93 Cobra. This car has never ever failed me, and as long as I live there will be a Mustang parked in my garage ready to run.

The Mach 1000 sound system, and the new retro interior upgrade package.

You do NOT mess with this car. Its great as it sits.

Very Happy
By Lyons

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

First of all, the car is beautiful. It has a wonderful retro look to it, and yet is styled for the modern consumer. The legend lime paint is a beautiful color and blends perfectly with the parchment interior and top. The leather seating is very comfortable.You are able to retract and replace the top with minimal effort. I was also surprised with the trunk room. It appeared to be small, but when I put in my files and bag for work I was surprised to see I still had room for much more in the trunk. The driving power was a pleasant surprise for a V-6, and the ability to turn so tightly with such stability is incredible. I am very happy with my purchase.

The easy convertible top and the Shaker 6- CD stereo system.

I would have liked to have a car alarm as an option. Other than that, all is well.

AWESOME!
By david

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I saw the new Mustang, and it was MUST HAVE IT. I have no disappointment at all. The features are easy to use, the drive is FUN, FUN, FUN. The LX 6 cylinder, 4.0 convertible is great. Ride is smooth, even when you hit some bumps. Talked with some people who have the GT, and their only complaint is the gas mileage. If you have never owned a Mustang (this is my first one) don't hesitate -- GET IT.

Everything.

More room to lower the steering wheel.

Wild,Wild Horses
By Fun in Fla.

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first convertible! Coming from an SUV I worried about driving a car. This is fun, fun, fun. Love the retro look inside and out. Although I downsized it is roomier than expected. I can pack up for the beach in no time. Good pick up, glides through traffic, even in the rain.

Shaker 1000 stereo system rocks. You gotta love Torch Red. Beats anti- depressants!