Used 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang GT
By Carl Thomas

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

since owning the car I have had many favorable comments on the new design. All my friends that have driven the car are impressed with the handling and performance.

The new design and improved braking system.

18" wheels and possible choice of installing a supercharger from Ford.

Fun Car
By Barry

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of the best looking cars at any price. It has been flawless. Factory stereos could be better, but I do like the MP3 option. Lots of thumbs up and positive comments about this car. I have the GT with the 5 speed auto. I've never driven a car that was such a blast to simply drive! Gas mileage is not too bad on the highway, but in stop and go conditions it drops down pretty quickly, 24 mpg highway, 16.5 mpg around town, but I drive with a heavy-ish foot -- with this car it's hard not to. I would buy another without a second thought, way to go Ford!

Drivetrain!

Better stereo and speakers, more power!

Mustang somewhat disappointing
By jjkjrii

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I both have 2005 mustangs and both have some of the same problems. Both cd players skip and will not play the cd at times. Both had to have rear windows replaced because they distorted the view out of them. Both have a harmonic vibration in the exhaust system that ford has no fix for it, the one that I drive has a noisy rear end {gear noise}. So much for improving quality. Ford seems to think sell cars the heck with quality.

Car looks great.

Get some input from the people that have the cars and fix the problems right away not when you get around to it.

Great car needs more quality work inside
By neflstang

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has been a pleasure to own. It rides really well especially compared to previous years for the Mustang. The interior is a little cheap even for trying to be retro looking. Upgrade to the leather seats. They are much more comfortable. Overall, the car is just what you would expect from a Mustang and it really turns a lot of heads while you are driving it.

Love the dark red color and the upgraded sound system is worth every penny. Leather power seats are a must!

Put more workmanship into the interior. It can look retro without looking plastic. Make the spoiler standard.

I Love my '05 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe
By Premium Coupe

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My title says it all. I wasn't in the market to buy when I did. The retro styling, six cylinder gutsy engine and tough automatic transmission did it for me. It has way better performance and gas mileage than the 1996 Mustang GT I owned previously. Getting into the car is a little tough sometimes in the winter with a winter jacket on, but once in the cockpit it's wonderful. The sound system is killer and much better than in the house. The frontward curved head rests are a pain. I have driven only about 4500 miles in it since purchasing, but I want to keep low miles because of the investment potential for this car. Of all the cars and trucks I have owned, this one is the most fun.

Retro styling, six cylinder engine, awesome sound system, Premium styling package, wheels with spinners, durable fabric on seats.

Change the forward-facing headrests on the front bucket seats. Find a better way to hold on the exterior plastic drip moldings under the doors.