Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not a great family vehicle
By StangGirl

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Last year my husband decided he wanted to trade in my minivan (lol) for this Mustang, well over all I love the Mustang, looks good, drives good (love the handling) except for it revving up (not sure if it's because it's a manual) when you go to stop, only happens occasionally. The CD player jumps which I heard that was common for the Shaker 500. And well ,it's just unpractical for a family. Though it looks nice and you get a lot of thumbs up we just gotta let it go.

Handling, looks and over all style.

Take the rev limiter out; it's a stang let it go....

Best car I have ever owned!
By patricia dunn

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never spoken with more strangers or had more people talk cars with me than when I started driving this '05 Mustang GT convertible last year. It has called for so much attention because of its incredible beauty! It has awesome power and iI never fear pulling out at intersections anymore because NOW I KNOW I can make the turn without getting in someone's way. I GO! "She goes!" Entering and exiting military posts has guards drooling over this gorgeous retro Stang. With the top down, folks pull up beside me and start chatting about it. I just wish I had bought this earlier in the year to enjoy it longer!

Its power and speed is my favorite, though I stay close to the speed limit. But to just LOOK at it is amazing still 13 months later still. Using the convertible top is so easy and fast to put back up if it starts to rain.

Cupholder in odd place for manuals. Would like passenger seat to have power control as well and heated seats (now in '07s) would be nice. No leaks while inside the car on a rainy day, but opening the door does allow some water to drip in. Perhaps all convertibles do that.

Lemon Mustang
By Total Lemon

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for just over 3 months and have had nothing but problems. The car has been out of service for almost 40 days. Just got the car back from the dealer on Friday, they had it for 26 consecutive days and can't fix a clicking/popping sound in the front end. Called Ford technical service and are sending a tech in on 11/01/06 to look at the car. The headliner is falling out -now held in place with cardboard shims, rear axle bearings and seals replaced, front and rear rotors already turned, rear quarter windows replaced because of rusty screws holding the weather strips, parking break lever replaced, finish coming of the chrome a/c vent, rocker moldings loose and the list goes on.

None. The car is junk. Currently involved in a lemon law battle with Ford. They seem to think all of these problems are fine. Do not buy a Ford Mustang, they are junk. Go to the Edmunds Forums and see for yourself. Shop else where and save yourself a nightmare.

Stop production and start over with a new development team. Use quality materials through out the car. The materials used in the Mustang are really low grade.

Maybe its just my luck
By MyPoorPony

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Premium Convertible. My first car I've bought on my own. So far I've had it in twice for the fuel pump and I'm taking it in to get the top replaced because the rear defroster stopped working. I've had the gear shifter replaced in it. I'm not happy camper with this car. If it wasn't for all these problems, I'd absolutely love this car. Rides great, minus the time it stopped running on the middle of I-95. Love driving with the top down, love the audio in it. Maybe I just got a bad pony. But I won't ever buy a Ford again, the service is awful.

Driving with the top down.

Too many to list....

Donkey Kong
By MiStang

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my car for 4 days and drove it twice before I noticed a knock from the wheels as I made some hard turns, any direction will do, from a stationary position. I was told that the manufacturer was aware of this "ping" but doesn't know how to fix because they don't know where it's coming from. Since this unknown "ping" is from the steering, I guess I'll have to pray real hard for a safe trip in my new car.

I looked really good in it because it really looked good on me. A throw back to the 70's when I was a teenager lusting for my first time in a Mustang.

Fix the unknown "ping". After all, a dead customer is not a repeat customer. Need really long arms to pull the seat belt to a safe position.