Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 481 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Just plain happy
By Galen

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have been the only owner of this car and it has given me the most pleasure of any vehicle I've owned. It's fun when the sheer power puts you back in your seat. Only take her out on weekends since my other car's a hybrid.

Power, handling. It's just a sexy machine

Interior could use an update but other than that It's almost perfect

Dixie's review
By deal

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I ever bought. In the nearly 4 years that I have owned Dixie (My wife named the car), I have not had one single problem. Well worth the wait to purchase a new mustang. Dixie is now and will always be a part of the family. I love my Mustang!

Lots of power to go along with the low stance.

Go Topless
By rockman

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Anniversary Convertible is the way to go to celebrate your mid life crisis. The styling is sleek and the sonic blue is a classly color with twin 10" silver bumper to bumper stripes. The V-6 has more than enough power and the automatic shifts extremely smooth. The convertible top is quiet at highway speeds and is so simple to raise and lower. The bucket seats are firm and there is enough leg room and head room. Forget about the back seats being comfortable, they are there for looks only, not for carrying passengers. But, heck, the Stang is for having fun for two. The interior is well designed and controls are easy to reach and use. The fit and finsh is better than some more expense car

The styling and looks and the convertible top.

The cruise control needs a light on the dash like the 2005 Stangs have.

Bring it On.
By The_Creeper

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

To start with Cobra is not a Mustang. My neighbor's 2002 Corvette learned that lesson on the open highway. I wish I would have had this car in my early 20's and single..come to think of it, I probably don't. A thrill everytime you turn the key, add my roll bar and Saleen cover and this one turns every head I pass. Good ride considering the type of car, great and fun to drive, Too much low end torque...it just bounces when you get on it. Have had a minor problem with gas guage not moving much until a half a tank, then disappearing in 50 miles. Dollar for dollar, I do not think anything touches it.

The exhaust sound, 2nd gear, tight steering.

Interior very plain and too plastic. Automatic headlights would be preferred to pull out switch. I hate the trunk button in the glove box.

Really Neat Time Machine
By Lake Speed

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a great value and takes me back to when I was a kid. I've always admired the Mach 1's from my youth and this one delivers on par with the original. Superior car on the road and always gets attention. My wife digs it too!

Power, styling and stick shift.

Could have used the 6-speed as 5th gear is a heck of an overdrive.