Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 481 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Bang For My Buck!
By catpurzz

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I shopped around for about 3 months and wanted another Cobra, But found this jewel, my silver GT! This car is immacculate! It has no dings or dents and handles as good as my 1997 Cobra which was the year they made only 5000. My GT is a 40th anniversary with black leather interior, excellent condition followed by a powerful 4.6 liter V8, it handles so good and sounds like the awesome Mustang it is!

Love the sound when I start it up on a cool day. Great manual tranny! Very fast for the money! I can always upgrade it's features! I plan on keeping this Mustang as a collectors!

Bigger wheels and wider tires in rear

Got to love the HP
By 2004sccobra

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have enjoyed this vehicle. I usually drive it on nice days (trying to keep the miles low and in good shape) I have had a few problems with maintenace issues but other than that it has been a blast to drive. The Ford dealer where I take it has been very understanding. I blew up the tranny on the track and they still did the warranty work. Other than what they call "tip in clunk" I would not change a thing.

Mystic chome paint! All of the accents inside to match the paint. The HP! I have a KN intake, Diablo Predator programer, under drive pulley and tenioner pulley and it puts down 450HP and a 11.6 QM. All this HP for an extra $500.

With the IRS I found that you get a lot of clunking from it. Dealership says its normal and call it "tip in clunk" in my opinion another way to wait till it is out of warranty then charge you to fix the problem.

My Little Pony
By Punkin

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car last year with only 23,000 miles on it. I love this car. It's a 40th anniversary edition. I love it. I only travel from work to home and that's about a 5 minute drive for me. It runs well. Never had a problem. It's just a beautiful car. I like this car better than the newer models.

I love the appearance. It just has this sleek, sexy design. I love the leather. The car is just amazing. It handles beautifully.

The only thing I would complain about is the fuel economy.

03 Cobra Coupe
By BRIAN

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

It is very responsive, great drift car, loves 3.73 gear swap, just needs sticky tires. Torque is always available. Tight suspension doesn't lean on turns

Supercharger and suspension setup. Exterior very muscle looking

Transmission noise and better shifting quality on 6 speed

It's a keeper
By Paul K.

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was attracted to this car by it's sharp looks and great performance, and after four years, I still love it. It may not be the fastest car on the road, but it's the biggest bang for the buck, and will surely blow off most of the boy racers. The horsepower and torque figures are claimed to be 305 and 320 respectively, but the dyno has shown substantially higher numbers. This is my fourth Mustang, the last one being a 98 Cobra, very similar to this, but I like the Mach better. Gas mileage is really very good for a performance car at 23 - 28 mpg. If you can find a clean example at a decent price, go for it. I'll be keeping mine for a long while. It's sure to be a collector.

I like the screaming yellow paint and how it is contrasted by the black accent stripes and parts. The shaker hood scope is way cool and so is the aluminum ball shifter knob. The instrument panel is great too. And of course, let's not forget the power and handling. It's all good.

The front seat comfort could use a little improvement, don't know about the back seat, never been there. There aren't too many negative things to say about this baby. They got it pretty well right.