Used 2004 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

40th Anniversary Special
By alias

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Good on the road, parking, and looks. Would buy another one.

Best for two folks, not much back seat area.

Have a fuel system that can take either gas or ethanol.

I love it!
By raveness

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always been a huge Mustang junkie. I vowed to one day own one when my daughters were big enough to actually enjoy the ride. And finally the day came. I got one. And I couldn't say enough great things about it. I love this car. I love the body style. The factory stereo is awesome. I have done a few minor adjustments to the appearance (cosmetic things like adding decals and window scoops) and also modified the exhaust. And even though it’s a v6 it looks and sounds like a v8. I get compliments all the time on how incredible the car looks. It is absolutely beautiful!

Love the body style, stereo, and interior.

Like everyone else I would have to agree a slightly larger back seat would be great.

My BlueStang
By BlueStang

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for a little over a month and I must say that it is a keeper. SO fun to drive and the gas mileage isn't bad either. I am so heavy on the pedal that I can make a econocar get bad gas mileage. The Mustang likes to be pushed. And the 5 speed is fun!

The color! The stereo is great for a factory stereo. My 6 banger is peppy and fun to drive. The pony package is a must! It just makes the car look better. The cloth seats are very comfy.

Bigger back seat. Longer standard warranty.

My 1st Mustang ever
By jaosalla

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got the 40th edition model '04 Mustang & so far I'm very happy with my purchase. Plus I got a great deal on it. Prior to my Mustang, I've always been extremely satisfied with every Kapanese automobile I've owned (3) and seemed to lean towards Japanese automakers, but this time I wanted to make a leap of faith back to the domestics. I really like the recent Mustang body styles, especially the new 2005. The ride is very smooth and the cabin is quiet cruising both city & highway. It's fun to drive and it has excellent acceleration for a V6, but then the fuel mileage I'm getting is lower than I originally expected. I get about 240 city & 300 highway to the tank.

I love the body style, smooth ride, cruise control, power windows, power locks, and keyless entry for the doors and trunk. The extra power outlet in the arm rest, and the fact that I can charge my cellphone in the car without having to have the car running.

The fuel economy; needs more room for the back seats; the seat belts are twisted in an awkward way.

Fun to drive
By silverstreak

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Always wanted a mustang finally bought
one, and love this car. Fun to drive
and handles well. Paint job is
beautiful and and the extras are great.

Pull down of the back seats, Stereo system, Feels great on the road

More room in backseat, interior of car needs improvement, such as more cup holders, bigger glove compartment, needs an inside trunk light.