Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 481 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best shape its ever been in...
By WASaproudowner

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I HAD a 2004 GT until last week when my girlfriend totaled it. she was t- boned it went air-borne did 5 flips and landed upside down. that car saved her life however and even though its a total loss its the best shape i've ever seen it in

Loved the way it sounded. it had a lot of power. was able to withstand 7 flips and save my girl's life

not a thing

1st Mustang for the family
By Fenderboss

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Moving to a Mustang has been an interesting experience. This is the first Mustang our family has owned and we find that there is a lot of coveting of the cars from everyone. I use it as a daily driver, and my commute is a joy covering 20 miles on some twisty country back roads. There is very little we don't enjoy about the car. That said, there are probably better interiors out there as well as fuel economy, but these shortcomings are more than compensated for when it comes to the overall experience of driving a proper American muscle car.

Throaty V8, 5 speed, leather seats, visibility, and driving characteristics. There are very few things I enjoy more than rolling down the windows and opening up the throttle on a curvy back road. The exhaust note is fantastic and the response of the car is sublime.

The interior could definitely use more attention in terms of build quality. I have yet to reach out to a Mustang owner who hasn't broken or had to replace at least once interior door handle due cheap plastic parts. A bit larger fuel tank would be nice to improve the overall range of the car.

My First Car
By Mustang04

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me for my first car. I am definitely a car person and was thrilled to get a Mustang. This car is so reliable. Every time I need to go somewhere I know that it will get me there safely. I also get excellent gas mileage. I usually get between 23 and 26 highway driving.If you take good care of your Mustang and treat it right you will not have any problems.

I like the body style, the black interior,the Mustang sound (because its a manual), the view out of the mirrors and windows, and the sound system, and the removable large cup holder for large drinks.

My only complaint would be not a lot of room in the backseat but what do you expect? It's a muscle car. Overall this is an excellent car and I would recommend it to anyone.

It's a Mustang
By Topless04

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Rides like a buckboard, reasonable handling, mileage, and the Mach stereo is a beast! If you don't like a Mustang convertible, let's look at your choices. An older Cavalier, a Sebring or LeBaron that will likely have numerous issues, a costly BMW or a Porsche that is likely beyond costly for similar year and miles. It's the only choice out there under $12,000 with low miles.

Top down, Mach stereo up.

There are none. Ford did a pretty good job. Yes, the car has issues, but for the price it can't be beat. Door panels are below average. Just for looks back seat, it's a Mustang, not a Lincoln. Deeper rear end gears - like 3.55 would solve many issues, but this car isn't about speed, it's about fun!

The Ultimate Toy for those over 49
By Topless04Stang

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My black Mustang rides like a buckboard, the leather seats are flat, the interior door panels and console are cheap. It's a Mustang for crying out loud. It's an icon, a legend. The Mach 6 CD am-fm stereo is simply amazing. Your choices for a convertible are rather limited. A Chysler Sebring, a Pontiac that they quit making, a BMW with a price tag over two times any similar Mustang. The Mustang is the only logical choice. Smooth and easy top operation. The trunk holds what it needs too. Golf clubs, baseball bags, tennis rackets, groceries, 2 medium suitcases. No its not big, its a sports car, not a luxo boat. The people that complain about this car are ill, please see a doctor.

Top down, Mach stereo UP, cruising through town to run some errands or tooling down the interstate. 22 mpg around town so far, isn't bad to me.

I can't think a thing. I think Ford did a wonderful job. We all make trade offs, set priorities. Overall they put their best foot forward for the price in 04. If you have kids, are too big, are worried about mpg or need a smoother ride, buy a car that fits your needs. Don't speak ill of a Mustang!