Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 481 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Can't go wrong
By D London

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

With the rush to get the new 2005 Mustangs, smart buyers bought the 2004 models at tremendous savings. The convertibles were well built cars with no leftover kinks from prior years. The performance for the 3.9L 6 cylinder is more than adequate and if you don't constantly 'floor it' the gas mileage is outstanding. We were able to obtain 25+ mpg combined city/highway on a 3900 mile vacation. Incredible! If you are in the market for a used nice looking sports car convertible, do not hesitate to buy a LOW mileage adult driven model. The price should be right with everyone else wanting the 'new' styles. No disappointments, and with gas so high, you can basically have it all with this model.

Easy to operate convertible top. No leaks and the wind noise is minimal. Handling is superb with the Goodyear Eagles. The 6 CD Mach 1 music system is the best! The fuel economy was already noted as excellent. The 'Pony Package' is really something to look for. Just delightful cosmetic upgrades.

None. Unbelievable 'bang for the buck'. No need for complaints at the price this car can be obtained for. No trips to the Ford dealer other than oil changes.

2004 Mustang Rocks
By Al

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 6'7" leg room is a must and this Mustang delivers mucho leg room. Getting 30 miles to the gallon.

Looks sharp, fun to drive.

Maybe just a little more room in trunk.

love this car
By peggs

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car; it is great in the mountains -- just pure fun.

Top down and driver ambiance music.

Greater resale value!

Love My Pony!
By Deb

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a convertible and test drove the 40th Anniversary in December, to "take it off my list" because I was sure it was going to be too small. Once I got in it I knew it was mine. It is fun to drive and fun to own!

I have the 40th Anniversary and I love the upgraded look. The 6 CD changer is a complete awesome bonus!

The boot flew off and had to be replaced. I noticed the replacement was designed a lot better with a sliding snap.

Yee Haw
By debville

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down. Everyone agrees it's a great looking car. My first car was a '67 Mustang and I always vowed I get another one day. The incentives in December were too good to pass up on so I opted to buy then instead of waiting for the 2005's to come out. I am not unhappy with my decision at all!

Love the 40th anniversary additions. LOVE my 6 CD changer stereo and I love the fact I get decent gas mileage (25 mph).

The boot went flying off and I have to replace it. Poor design because if it is not on perfectly correct the air catches it and away it goes!