Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 369 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

not if you live where there is snow
By marie

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my car but if you live anywhere it snows more than an inch get a winter car I get stuck every where I go when there is snow on the ground and I live in Buffalo NY so 7 months out of the year. I but this car brand new I love the way it looks and drives the clutch could be a little more friendly but other then that I think its a great car for anyone who likes a sporty fun to drive car

looks, handling

clutch mileage seat belts why bother

Mach out rock out
By 03sfmach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I needed a rear drive, v8, stick shift car to drive everyday that I could stomp on allday everyday and still depend on it running all the time. This car has been awesome. Thought about a 2001-2004 vette (way too cheesy), early 2000 SS or z28 camaro (crappy tranny, rear-end, interior quality, overall looks) or a 2003-2004 cobra (bad-a$$ car but pricy) but the MACH seemed like the best value . ($14700, 22000 miles, lowered, tri-ax shifter, magnaflow exhaust) I have not been disappointed at all. The car really sings after 3500 rpm's, tranny has a steep 1st gear and a low low overdriven 5th (about 1900rpms at 75mph). Pick one up if you can

6800 redline, motor really pulls after 3500, tranny geared up well, shaker hood, factory brembo brakes

rattles and squeaks, interior and exterior quality

Awesome
By Jake

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for over 2 1/2 years and haven't spent a dime in repairs just an oil change every 3000miles. I have a cat-back exhaust and air intake on it. When driving it easy on the highway I have gotten 32mpg! This is the best car I have ever owned.

You can't beat the sound of a Mustang!

Needed more horsepower from the factory.

Well-built, fun V8
By Vroompshhtsi

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for a year now. The 5 speed manual transmission mixed with the V8 provides tons of fun. I have intake/exhaust/gears done to it. No it's not that fastest car out there but it beats every 4 cylinder that's tried and it keeps up with most other V8s. Nothing mechanically has gone wrong with this car. It's taken everything I've thrown at it. MPG was as low as 18 when I beat on it, but now I'm getting as much as 23 when I'm nicer to it. A great mix of daily driver dependability and V8 fun. My friend's Camaro (97 Z28) broke every other month, it's hard to find a fun V8 that is dependable but this car is one of them!

Manual transmission. V8 roar. Excellent interior. Mach 460 stereo is amazing, definitely do not need anything louder.

The stock gears leaves something to be desired during acceleration. 4.10 gears fixed this problem. Also, 1-2 shift often grinds, a known problem with this transmission. I just start it in 2nd from a stop, no problem.

Nice Ride
By Greg

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my GT in 2006 w/23k on it in excellent condition. Now it has about 46k on the odometer. In three years I've replaced a tire (damaged) and a wheel bearing. The drivers door lock sticks, so I have to use the key. The transmission has a light squeal which goes away when you engage the clutch. Otherwise, it is reliable, very fun to drive, and gets good gas mileage. The five speed is fun but a little clunky/heavy to shift. The handling is good but understeers a little too much and the steering is a little slow.

Mach stereo, comfy seats, V8 rumble, 5 speed, style

Seat belts that retract, less understeer, faster steering, better cd changer (disks get stuck), more power, and more tech (sat, nav, etc) Most of these are better in the newer cars.