Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 369 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Red 2003 Mach 1 Great Value for your Money Still..
By 2004_mustang

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got this 2003 Red Mach 1 automatic in Oct 2005 with 13k miles on it and it now has 31k miles on it in Nov 2011. I have had zero problems with it. I have replaced the original tires and fuel filter as part of maintaince. It drives great especially on tight turns and it stops on a dime.

The seating, wheels, black stripes, tachometer, shaker hood makes this car stand out well plus every Mach 1 is fully loaded so you dont have to worry about options.

Overall this gives you 305hp and the car's value is about 14 grand give or take some which is the best bang for your buck if you want the power of a V8 without a big price tag. The only thing better than this in power is a 2011 GT

Everything. I like the uniqueness of the Mach 1's, the colors alone are just neat to look at plus that shaker hoods makes the car stand out.

The shaker hood rattles due to the rubber peices that hold it together but it is not that big of a deal. I wish they made this car with more options like controls on the steering wheels, chrome rims and or a supercharger. While it is loaded up I just think Ford could have put more options on it. I plan on keeping this car till the 2011 5.0 GT is in the lower 20 grand mark and then I will trade it off. I just wish the specialty cars kept there value more. Hard to believe that back in 2005 this was a 23 grand car and now even at low miles it is a 14 grand car but that is the car business today. I hope Ford remakes this car again just like they did in the 03-04 years.

Mach 1 of a kind
By michaelj723

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm the second owner of my Mach 1, and I've had it for nearly 6 years with very little trouble.
The only thing I had to do to the engine, was changing out the thermostat housing after it sat in the garage all winter.
Brakes are very expensive, due to its exclusive brake/suspension package, and they were tough for me to change, probably easy for somebody who does brakes a lot.
The only big problem I had with her, was my transmission's overdrive going out twice.
This was due to the 4:10 rear end that the previous owner had in it....luckily it was a warranty repair and only $100 out of my pocket.
Other than that, it's the best handling stang ever made, and blows the doors off z28 and t/a's

Handling, and raw power...super impressive powerband that I've never felt in any other sports/muscle car. Beautiful stock exhaust sound. Extremely reliable. Still get compliments on it almost daily.

Only thing I wish it had, was automatic up/down windows lol

The Ultimate Pony-Car
By aalsip

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I recently bought this as my first car. This is one of the most reliable Mustangs on the market with lots of great features. Good crash test ratings, good handling, good acceleration, good speed, and a lot of torque for such a small car! It is a lot of fun to drive and it handles very well as long as you have the right tires. The breaks are also very efficient; it can stop on a dime and still give you it's change back! This car is a lot of fun to drive, so definitely check it out if you're in the market for a new car.

Acceleration, power, speed, breaks, sound of the engine, ABS (Anti-Lock Breaks), Traction Control, handling.

Daytime Running Lights as standard instead of optional in the US.

Best car ever !!!
By gmsmoker

2003 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car a year ago, and I love it! I put a cold air intake on it and since then the engine really sings (3,000rpm) and gets about 3 to 4 mpg better. Wouldn't trade my mustang for any other car way to much fun to drive. highly recommend it.

seats are so comfortable!

better Mpg, more options for v6s

Sonic Blue GT
By tj38

2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June 05 with 12k miles.
Now has 115K miles.
Mildly modded with CAI, exhaust, short shifter, MACH1 shocks, Ford C-Springs, white face gauges.
Only repairs are front brake calipers (self-inflicted SCCA racing casualty) and alternator and battery...and four sets of tires.
Consistently gets 25-26 mpg on highway.
I want to get a new car but can't find anything that I like better than this one.

Low-end V8 exhaust grumble. Goes happily in any direction that I point it.

As nice as the systems are, don't use proprietary stereo components. I was able to add an Aux Jack to my MACH1000 but it took a computer/electronic geek to do it.