Used 2003 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

03 V6
By lilbit205

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Mustang in 07. So far it has not given me any major problems. I really enjoy driving it. It's fun, stylish, and gets pretty good gas mileage.

5 speed, audio system

Tighter suspension. A different transmission because every time I go to speed shift I can't speed shift into 5th without letting my rpm's drop around 2000

Awesome first car
By Jara

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I received my Mustang for my first car and I have loved driving it for the past three years. It turns heads, provides the get up and go needed for passing on the interstate and has decent milage for a sports car (averages 20mpg in town and on the highway). I have never had even the slightest problem with the reliability of this vehicle. The only thing that concerns me is that it is totally a warm weather vehicle, in the midwest where we can get a few feet of snow at a time, the RWD and light overall weight of the car just is not safe enough even in town on snow-packed streets. Also, for long drives, even my young back begins to hurt. Even with these criticisms, I still love my Mustang.

Unbeatable style

Add comfort to front seats.

What I Was Hoping For
By Teh Gov

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Mustang since I was a kid and this car doesn't disappoint. Handles great, fun to drive, good speed. What's not to love?

Great stereo, great look, fun to drive

Seat belts are a little messed up. Gas mileage isn't great, but I didn't buy it for the mileage

Not made for comfort
By Robert Yamin

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Worst car I ever had. Bought car with 1200 miles, drove 1 year. Very uncomfortable and rough ride. Horrible gas mileage and poor pickup. Car is not made for a 5ft 11 inch 175 pound person. I had a 89 GT 5.0 so I thought I would like the newer model but should have kept the older one.

It looked good.

Better gas mileage, 12 MPG for a 3.8 is terrible. Make it a two seater and give the front passengers some room. Back seat only roomy enough for two 8 year olds anyway.

Pony Power
By Scott

2003 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used in January and have driven it daily. Got it for a really low price. Gets okay gas mileage.

Power, looks.