Used 2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I love my Mustang!
By Sandra

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a little over 3 years now, and still love it! It's never had a problem, looks beautiful and handles great. The Mustang is an incredibly fun car to drive, and a great value for the money.

Great acceleration, extremely useful for getting up to speed and merging on highways. Beautiful styling.

The interior could use a little work, but is acceptable. The automatic transmission still has the annoying "rubber band" effect when shifting gears hard (especially 3rd- 4th). Let up on the acceleration before reaching 4th gear to lessen the effect.

'02 Mustang GT
By georgebush

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the best. I currently have a '65 and now my '02 Stang. The ride and muscle car performace is true to its name. Put some new mufflers to richen the exhaust note and have fun. Even the Chevy guys like the Mustang sound!

The ability to turn off the traction control. This allows you to truly enjoy the car.

Make the seats a bit more comfortable for the long haul and as always add more bang for the buck.

I love my Stang!
By Gitano

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with 1,500 miles on it back in late '02. I saw it on the lot, and I wanted it right away. I did want a V8 instead of a V6 for the power and bragging rights of having a V8, but it was $8,000 more for it. I still love this car though. It's now 07 and I have 54k miles on it. I have had no problems yet. I am happy with the way it handles, and of course I love the look. Drivers side door when I open it squeaks now, but wd-40 takes care of it. No biggie. I definitely would get another one again, but that won't happen since I don't like the '05+ look.

The look, the color, handling,the interior.

Would like the V6 to have at least 200+hp. C'mon its a Mustang. A little louder exhaust.

eh
By Ed

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First off, I overpaid for the car by about $2-3k. Which wouldn't be a problem because I love the design of the car, and the constant attention it gets. But the car loses value at an unacceptable rate. It's honestly sickening, it's been sitting in my garage for 4 months and it's lost over $2k in value!

V8 power, convertible top, 6 CD changer.

Value is ridiculously low.

GT Premium
By Danielle

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car! Always reliable and looks beautiful. The car has never let me down. Just enough power to get you in trouble, while still getting good gas mileage! The car is comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Takes about 3 seconds to pass a motorhome while cruising at 55mph on the highway. The car provides excellent performance. Suspension is stiff, so you don't get the luxurious ride of a Lincoln, but that was not the manufacturer's idea. Would highly recommend!

Looks, performance.

Wish it handled like a vette!