Used 2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love my Stang
By dcstang

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a convertable for my long commutes home. This is real therapy. I love my car- it has been very reliable. No problems AT ALL from 60-110,000 miles I've had it. Soon it will need some maintanence, but probably expected. Gas mileage could be better, but it's an older car with a TON of power under the hood. Pretty comfortable, but the back seat is impractical for adult use. I think only small kids actually fit. Good sized trunk for the size of the car and it always feels safe. I like the traction control feature and the handling is superb. It's an easy ride, although mine is a little loud which makes it difficult to hear sometimes. It's been a great ride and lots of fun!

Power, handling, convertable, I like how the little triangle windows roll down.

Back seat needs more room, no key hole in passenger door, better gas mileage.

Can't go wrong with American Muscle
By Riddick

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Girlfriend and I recently purchased the GT with less then 70,000 miles. Engine runs as good as anyone I have ever driven. The power is NICE! Don't have to worry about passing traffic or getting on the freeway. It's nice knowing those 300 pounds of torque are ready on tap anytime you need them. The car looks great with the top down and sure is a head turner where ever we go. For a 2002 model this car can almost kick the living crap out of any other car on the road when it comes to racing. 260 horse power and 302 pounds of torque well you get the picture. 0-60 in 5.4 secs and a quater mile time of 14.00 at 101 miles an hour, well that sure beats most imports by a mile even in 2009.

V8 Engine, Hood Scoop, Convertible top and Bullet rims. Exaust rumble.

wish the hood scoop and brake coolers really worked.

Good Performance
By mustangboy

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love driving this car it is a dream come true. I have loved Mustangs since I was a little kid. I had a 97 v6 but it just wasn't enough so I got this one and it is amazing. Soon it will be able to run with its bigger brother the Cobra.

I love the rumble of the exhuast and how it puts down the power to the ground.

It should have had like 30-45 more horses

Dark Horse
By James Little

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang used. I have always loved the Mustangs. The only problem I had with mine is somebody changed the rear end oil and didnt seal it properly. I had to replace the gears and lsd. I replaced the 3.27s with 3.55s. Amazing. I have alot of mods: intake, exhaust, gears, suspension, rims, tires, shifter, audio, hand held tuner. The car responds well to mods. Through on an Eibach Pro System Plus Kit with good tires and the handling becomes go kart like. I recommend buying a Swarr Bar for the rear axles if you have a GT. This will make the car more predictable on take off and in corners. Only true problem I have had is the traction control kicking in too fast. I just turn it off.

Engine, power, styling, low interior noise with soft top

Traction control remembering previous setting (on/off).

Roar
By Roar

2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall this car is great for anyone. It doesnt have 350 horses under the hood but its got so giddy up. It's quick and always reliable. I have owned a Pontiac Trans-Am and this Mustang GT and by far I like driving the GT.

Looks, quickness, stability, trac control and handling.

Needs more head room, I'm 6'1 and I have trouble seeing. Wish the brakes were bigger and wish it had about 30 mores horses under the hood.