Used 2002 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

tired of the vibrations
By Pratap

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 ford convertible mustang which I bought in 2007 april but since then I've never enjoyed my ride. This car is full of vibrations. I took to many good local dealers but they couldnt fix it and finally wanted to go to the Tulsa Ford showroom but these people, even though they do not have any work, doesn't bother to look at my car. This is the experience I had with a FORD vehicle.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Cindy

2002 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my convertible. Fun to drive and enjoy the power. If you have more than one child, makes for a challenge if they want to take friends somewhere. Not much trunk space. Looks good and sounds even better. Didn't buy the car for fuel efficiency, so gas mileage is not an issue for me. Multiple CD changer and sound system add to it's appeal. Convertible top easy to operate.

Stereo, convertible top, horse power

More trunk space, more leg room in backseat, more efficient way for passengers to get in and out of backseat without having to duck under seatbelt.

Decent Ride
By Adam

2002 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

2nd owner at 40k. Sold at 72k. In my short time with the car I had no problems at all. It drove well and the only things I had to do were oil changes, battery died, and tires. I liked the look of the car. Interior was all leather and matched the car well. Only reason I got rid of it was because I live in NY and I can't stand driving it in the winter. Its RWD, and even with brand new snow tires and bags in the trunk it was still iffy. As far as driving it, it rode fairly smooth. needed a wheel alignment towards the end of my ownership so it got a little shaky but nothing terrible. I will say this though. I owned an automatic v6 3.8l and it was not fast at all. grab the GT stick if u wantspeed

leather interior. reliability. looks. sound system (mach stereo 6cd) rocked.

only complaints I have is with the v6 automatic. grab the v8 if you want something with power because the v6 did not do it for me.

Old guy with used Mustang
By miamimykle

2002 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my self a midlife crisis treat, a 2002 Mustang GT convertible with a five speed manual tranny and all the bells and whistles available in 2002. I was sitting in the Corvette I was going to buy when it caught my eye. There isn't a mark on it inside or out and is, if I may use the term a freakin' rocket. The sound system is incredible! Yes, old guys still rock.....best thing I ever did for myself...if you don't have one, get one!

Love the Mustang
By Arlene

2002 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Driving the Mustang is fun. I usually get 24-29 mpg; lower for strictly city driving. Other than regular maintance I am at about 160,000 miles and recently had my first car incident with a u-joint replaced. I added a sun roof when I made the purchase and am passing it down to my son!

Looks good!