Used 2002 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car
By Tim Smith

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang GT now for over a year. I bought this car based on a lot of the reviews I found on this very site, which led me to want to write my own. My review is this: What a great car! Haven't had a single issue since I purchased it. The V8 runs fantastic at 79,500. Car handles well and the ABS/traction control work great. The build quality is as advertised, excellent. No rust, no broken plastics, no faulty or cheap electronics. Everything works and works well. The Mach360 stereo rocks like the day it was made. The 6 cd changer acted a little funny the first time I used it but since then hasn't had a single problem (the person I bought the car from didn't use it.)

The power, handling and stereo. Just a great production hot rod!

The seat belt design stinks, but I learned to live with it. Ford's probably already dealt with this, so it's not much of a suggestion.

American Muscle Car
By Ricco

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Been in love with the car since I got it. Leather in great condition, seating comfortable, handling was great, performance was very good.

Mach 460 6-CD changer sounds great. Traction control keeps the car from slipping in the rain.

A fully loaded GT needs no improvement unless you're me. Knowing the potential of this car. Adding the mods I did would make you look at your 2002 Mustang GT and say "I love you"

Good Car
By Sean

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We had a 98 V-6 Mustang and this new GT blows it out of the water! Massive improvement on power compared to our old car. Too many people want to race us now! Ride comfort is good and it has a good sound system.

V-8 rumble, manual transmission.

Function to go with the hood scoop. That thing is useless.

A car guy's best friend
By MR. BIG JAY

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 02 GT in August of 04 and I'm loving it. I've had no problems mechanicaly or otherwise. I wish it had a little more handling than it does but the overall affect is awesome. I get about 24-26 mpg at around 70-75 mph which is just under 2000 rpm. I'm 6'4 305 lbs and I'll be the 1st to testify that this the sports car for us big guys. Imports are cool but a Miata or Integra are too small for someone my size

V8 growl of my flomasters, bone chilling AC, RWD, defeatable, traction control, and fair gas mpg for a muscle car. And how well the car reacts to modifications

Either the Ford racing suspenion ,or any Ford official licensed after market suspenion, bigger brakes, and better interior materials

A lot of bang for the money
By Brian

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 GT in March of 2007 after waiting many years to be able to afford one. This car is a real head turner in Laser Red with the factory 5 spoke aluminum rims. I have upgraded the exhaust with a set of Flowmaster 40's (mufflers) and the intake with a K&N cold air intake. Both aftermarket options cost about $500 installed and completely changed the car and woke it up. Would recommend these ad-ons to anyone. A real fun dependable fuel efficient car for the money. I bought the car with 49,000 miles on it and now have 57,000 and I have done nothing but change the oil and put rear brake pads on it.

The performance & the sound of the exhaust.

More leg room for the driver and passenger. I am 6ft tall and even with the power seat back all the way I barely have enough leg room.