Used 2001 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very Fun
By Alistair314

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I'm gonna start off by saying I love this car. It was my first sports car and I miss it very much. Its underpowered unfortunatly. For some reason Ford managed to get only 192 horsepower out of a 3.8 liter V6. It oversteers tremendously and driving it in rain or snow is a funny joke. It's just something about driving a Mustang that is just amazing.

Exterior is beautiful, so is interior. Donuts and burnouts are very very, very fun!

None

Faststang'01
By Todd May

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought her in APR of'02. The stock power grabbed ahold of me and never let go. Didn't lose a race. I have installed started to up grade. K&N FIPK,75mm throttle body/upper plenum, long tube heders with high flow cat's, Flow master cat back,4.10 gears, Hypertech power programmer and Micky Thompsons for the track. This season I have installed a tower strut brace and sub frame braces. For the street I run Good Year 245/45 ZR17 in. tires mounted on Replica BLT 17x9 chrome wheels. I just bought a Gtech performance meter to tell me my actual HP. I've done some paper calcs. and it was above 300 HP, pretty good for just bolt on mods. Not bad since she started at 260. I love her, my wife gets jealous.

The custom metalic pearl red with clear coat actualy changes color as you walk around her. I don't think the scoops are dorky as the editors comment posted. I have had comments from people thinking it was early model stang. When I fire her up I smile from ear to ear and heads turn everywhere.

I say don't do to much because then everyone can buy one but who's Mustang is it? With the mods I have done I know it is my stang and no one has one like it. I like being able to build on Fords beautiful design and go from there. Just one stang owners opinion.

Beautiful Car 4 last yr. of high school
By stlcap5

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I haven't had it for that long but the car is just awesome. Gets off the line real quick. Also, once it hits 2nd and 3rd gear the car just takes off. Rides smooth and no complaints at all so far.

Dual exhaust, V8 engine, exhaust system, horsepower, torque, and the hood scoop.

Only thing is more horsepower and torque would be nice. Thats it though.

Stella
By mstnglvr

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Absolute joy to own. The only problem I've ever had was a dealer mistake where they overtightened the oil drain plug stripping the bolt and causing a leak. Had it fixed, no other problems.

Availability of racing parts and accessories from ford and the dealer installs. There is no badder looking car than an "EDGE" style 'Stang.

Needs more horsepower, the factory tune and transmission settings are for grandmothers.

Fun Car
By solo

2001 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. Looks great, performs great, just cant be beat for the price. Only problem I have is that I can't shift into 5th over 75 mph without the gears grinding a little.

Beautiful car, interior is perfectly designed.

The V6 could use more power. If these other companies can get 280 hp out of a 4 cylinder, why can't this six push the same?