Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Longevity!
By Owner2001

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my '01 convertible and I am extremely impressed with the build quality. Other than scheduled fluid changes I have not had a single issue. The car starts everytime, it is fun to drive and for what it is (an entry level sports car) I am a very satisfied customer. Having owned a '95 coupe this car is superior in every way. I have modified the car with dual exhaust /w GT bumper, hood & side scoops, a fibreglass front bumper, tires & rims, welded sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, pedal kit, and new air intake.

Stereo /w 6-disc in-dash changer, style, quality, suspension, styling

Before dealing with the power issue I recommend you upgrade the brakes and suspension. A new rear end is also a good idea with sport gears (3.73 or 4.10). Be careful with any engine upgrades because if done incorrectly you will blow the head gaskets/seals and the engine will never be the same again

Head Turner
By Jay S

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Nice acceleration great for overtaking people on the highway. And what's fun is when people try to race you on the highways. No problems so far handles and drives smooth. Summer tires a plus.

V8 hood scoop engine sound stero

some more horsepower or some better gas milage

My second Edge GT
By Dad that likes fun

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 GT new and it was a fun car but the insurance was too much and I had to sell it. I just bought this 2001 GT convertible and it brings back all the great memories of that 02 but now the insurance is 1/3 the price. I love these cars because they are the cheapest fun you can use to commute to work. I get 27 mpg, 130 miles a day and my 3 year old loves it. It's loud (flowmaster) fun, fast, and engaging for a person that loves cars. Why anybody would commute in a boring daily driver I can't understand when you can get these things so cheap used and they get decent mileage....I was buying a new Challenger this year but think I made the right choice.

3000 to 5800 rpm pull. 27 mpg. Listening to that sound as you shift through the gears.

Aftermarket louder exhaust and lower it. Performance enhancements from the aftermarket are unlimited.

Go Ahead and Look, U know U want to!!
By Robert Bonilla

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first mustang, she has 78k, and I gotta tell you, the engine matinence fantastic.... I have the Limited Edition, cloth interior, white stripes, modified exhaust (loud),pull down seats....etc....she handles great, she's fast and beautiful, and a 5sp at that. I previously owned a 5sp ZX...and the Mustang LE....just knocks it out of the Park...See one...get one...Im happy I did....zooom ZoOOOM

I really like the cloth Interior and how smooth the car rides. The interior is really nice and the sporty gauges just clinch it for me.

Well the car is a 2001,(feels and looks brand new). I would like to have a new audio system...speakers are fine. Resetting the Service Engine soon light, came on after I put gas in it...

Real Bang for the Buck
By Scott

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car looks mean, handles great, and turns heads every day. Deffinately worth spending your money on. It's never a boring drive, and doesn't draw too much attention from the authorities. I love to turn off the traction control! I went toe to toe with an SRT 8 and stayed right up there up to 120 mph and didn't lose an inch.

Best handling car I've ever owned. Always gets looks and turns heads.

Louder exhaust, rpm's hang between shifts, speed shifter would be nice.