Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Loving it now
By wifesgthaha

2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always hated fords. I own a 97 cavalier z24 myself. has all the mods. getting ready for paint. nice. then i bought my wife her stang. its the 4.6 v8 5 speed. i am totally in love with this car. never thought i could find a ford this comfortable and the dual exhaust sounds awesome. mine now sounds like a [violative content deleted] bumble bee compared to hers. we are still trying to figure out if its a bullit or not. its got alot of the features and designs and the title says bullit gt but it doesnt matter. i am now selling my car to buy one like hers. lol

The power i feel when i kick it in

hydraulic clutch. i never messed with a mechanical so this is a new one on me.

Great Car
By Ron

2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the car used with 65k miles. It was in great shape with exception of the leather driver seat and a small leak from the power steering hose. The leak never materialized to anything and the seat continued to deteriorate. That's the worst of it. Otherwise it was reliable, fast, and very fun. The gas mileage was better than my mini van. I did sell it, but wish I didn't. It was a great car.

Power, easy convertible top operation.

More durable materials for the leather seating.

One mean Bullitt!
By Bullitt #206

2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One quick ride, traded a 97 Z28 Camaro for the Bullitt. Camaro more stable at 115+ speeds, Mustang much more comfortable, all other aspects very comparable. Get 17/24 mpg not bad for a v8 racer. Handles great, accelerates great and brakes on the Bulltt/Mach 1/Cobras are fantastic! After owning this I will never buy a stock GT its all special edition Mustangs for me in the future!

1.35 mph hiway on ramp doing roughly 50-55, punch it to pass cars on hiway doing 65-70 to merge in. 2.Bus pulls out in front of me, slam brakes at 60 to come to a complete stop short of disaster, then punch it to not get rear ended. 3.pulling away from 60's70's corvettes at Watkins Glen racetrack

Ive 4.10 gears, short throw steeda shifter, long tube headers, bored 30 over, forged pistons, k&n cold air intake, bassani headers back x-pipe exhaust. Swar bar rear axel support.Cams and heads are next and it really needs a tune to realise full potential of all mods and tie them together.

ONE HOT RIDE
By Hot Ride

2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Ive been driving this Stand for 1 month now and I get compliments from everyone. Comming from 2008 CIVIC si, This GT got lot muscle under the hood. I love the interior, which is not cheap quality. Exterior Chassis and paint is still in excellent condition. So far Car is running like new. So far I havent spend single dime except oil change.

Build Quality both Interior and Exterior, Lot of HP, FORD 460 MACH AUDIO, Reliable.

Release more colors.

Great car
By stangdude

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Stang in 2003. I love my Stang. I've taken many road trips and every time I get 30 mpg. I have taken care of my Stang, getting the regular maintenance. I do not race the car, but this thing will get up and go. I will be a Stang man for life.

Looks great and sporty. Great gas milage on the highway.