Used 2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Nothing flashy V6
By Jeanette

2001 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone wants a V8 Mustang GT, Bullit, Mach etc. Yet if you want a 'Stang to tool around in and just enjoy the top down than a sweet V6 is all you need. Add a manual 5 speed and you can get a little "zoom zoom" out of it and enjoy the wind in your hair. Insurance is cheaper, and let's face it, without all the electronics and extra stuff it is an easier engine to work on with a larger work area. All around the 2001 manual Mustang is a nice basic car of its time.

Mini Vacation Mustang
By Smith

2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great for open air - stress relief - fall road trips - beachfront cruisin

Going back to Chevrolet after less than 6 months
By Forever chevy

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought used with just 80,000 miles after I sold my 97 Chevy with plenty more miles after 7 years of good service. - This is my first and last experience with Ford. After less than 6 months it's become abruptly clear that this 01 mustang can't hold a candle to my late 1997 Chevrolet Lumina. That's not saying much at all for ford. The up keep on this car is frequently demanding and costly . The performance on the road is OK for some one who's just flying down the free way ,but it handles horrible around town. I feel every bump in the road ,Every pebble and hear things sound like they are loosening underneath the car . .,bounce,thud,sqeeking.etc. Interior is cheaply made . All fixtures on the door panel look as if they have been rigged back on more than a few times . The console where it shifts to park ,reverse , etc. Doesn't line up correctly so there is an ugly gap that holds dust and all sorts of fun stuff. By the way the car shifts into reverse horribly and occasionally misfires so hard that the whole car shakes. - I will never understand all the "hype" that goes with these cars and I would not wish them on my worst enemy.

THis is my 3rd New Edge Mustang
By Carlogena

2001 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One thing you have to understand is that most Mustangs are well taken care of and used only in good weather. So, there are many available in excellent condition. Look for stock or unmodified cars. These are the best bet for a good, solid, reliable vehicle. Parts availability for all Mustangs is plentiful and inexpensive. They are also easy to modify or customize to your particular taste. I like these cars. This is my 3rd one. Go ahead, buy one. They are lots of fun for short money.

My first car
By Daniel Holbrook

2001 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got it as a 16 year old and drove it like one too. Mine was a manual transmission and I had a lot of fun. 8 years later I’d put in a new clutch, alternator, plugs, wires, and a rear end off a gt model. It still ran great. My only complaint is the room. The interior could have made up so much more space and didn’t. I miss that car all the time.