Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Powerful V6 Pony!
By HVF4

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This was my dream car since I was a little boy.Im 20 years old now and ive been wanting this car since it came out!And 8 years later its mine as a High School Graduation present from my parents. For a 3.8l V6 Engine its really fast and powerful.I yet to add a cold air intake and exhuast but even without it it saves a lot of gas and its very fast.Sure it isnt a GT(V8) with 260+HP but how it is now(190HP) its pretty fast.Exterior looks great,A+. Interior is kinda plain,But hey ITS A MUSTANG!!Sound System is great,but since mine was used the original MACH 460 System was taken out before I bought it. I Have A Sony Stereo and its BADASS!This car always turns heads.American Muscle Beats Import!!!!

The Whole Car IS GREAT!

If your into "Features" this car is totally upgradable.If your into "Fuel Economy" this car doesnt dissapoint,It runs at 18-21 MPG.Sure it isnt a "GREEN" car,BUT it IS a MUSTANG!And Mustang Drivers dnt care about that since we get places faster anyways and save the same amount gas.

Powerful, Reliable V8
By Cody

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

An all around great quality car. I highly recommend it. The V8 has plenty of power, I have added exhaust and Intake which are a must for this model. The exhaust adds that mean rumble while the intake adds hp and saves major gas. The only down side is the interior is cheap, but doesn't look too bad. It is also rough in the winter, but what car isn't?

Loud, Powerful, Convertible, 5-speed, awesome look, good gas mileage, and reliable.

The cup holder is in the way of shifting gears. 5th gear is a joke, major power loss.

Dream Car
By Dave

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought my first mustang when I was 16 years old. Now 3 years later I still love this car. Its pretty fast for a V6 after the cold air intake and exhaust, and not that bad on gas. I get commented on my car all the time. Also the mach 460 stereo system, Everyone loves how it sounds. Its the best think I could of ever bought.

Mach stereo system Exterior look

Stereo head unit Better on gas

Dangerous underpowered rust bucket
By Nick

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

The car's interior is a joke. Cheap, boring plastic. It was outdated even for 20 years ago. The V6 is severely underpowered. Good luck accelerating in 5th gear unless you've got a ton of momentum. Almost anything over an entry level 4 banger is faster. In snow, it is undriveable. In the rain, it is just plain dangerous. Hydroplanes, and cannot get traction. The car feels unsafe. At high speeds, it was bumpy, and felt loosely connected to the road. The car rusted out completely on bottom. Could pick chunks of rust off the frame. I sold it to an unsuspecting buyer, who probably will have to part it out or crush it. In the near future. AC was terrible. Tires go flat

Paint quality was strong. No paint chips. Generally reliable for the 40,000 miles I owned it.

Ford needs to use better quality metal and galvanize better/better rust protection. This car was well taken car off, and barely driven over the 8 years I had it. This rust should have never happened. Ford should be ashamed. This car was a joke.

Simple Car... Still fun!
By jillybeansalad

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have not had any major work done to my car since I bought it early 2004 used. I've never been stranded anywhere and we have been doing our own usual maintenance ourselves, no professional work other than smog testing, which it passes easily. I have just started feeling the shifting become harder, and as an ex- owner of a '92 hatchback Mustang (both are automatics) it's to be expected as my milage is nearing 100,000.

This car handles curves very well. I of course only have the automatic coupe, but it has good pickup for its weight and really, it's probably best for my lead foot. :)

It's loud and not that good on bumpy terrain. I would also appreciate a better turning radius, U-turns aren't to be taken lightly. lol