Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2000 Ford Mustang 3.8
By Danny

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I was given this as my first car, and I love it. It has 115000 miles and is nine years old, but it is very reliable and runs great. My parents own this car for all of the original miles, and there has only ever been one minor problem with the engine, but it was resolved easily, and the oil is changed every 3000 miles. Mine has a automatic, but I would suggest a five speed manual. I also installed aftermarket headers and exhaust.

Ride quality, low noise level, sharp steering and response to the road

20-30 more horsepower would be nice, better brakes (mine squeak a lot)

2000 v6 Coupe 5 speed
By Beamerstang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Overall this is a decent car - But it's not the fast/fun mustang everyone makes it out to be. The car is very slow when put side by side with other sport coupes of it's year. The interior looks good, but is very very cheap. **EVERYTHING** rattles and makes noise inside the car. The seats are very boring and uncomfortable, and the worst part is terrible highway driving in 5th gear. The car handles well in dry weather, but isn't very balanced. The rear suspension is bad - leading to serious fishtailing out of turns , bad rain traction, and unstable turns if you hit any small bumps. It's a reliable car, but sport coupe? no...not really.

External styling is great, I really like the look. Overall the car has been quite reliable. 106,000 miles and I've had no major repairs

Use some better interior components, the inside of this car feels like it was made with the cheapest plastic inserts available. A better drivetrain, 190hp from a V6 with a horrible gear ratio = SLOW - new seats, better suspension, better engine, better transmission

Aweome First Car
By CSeabaugh

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Just bought my red 2000 Mustang GT fully loaded with every option checked but the automatic transmission from a private owner a couple weeks ago as my first car (I'm 20) and I love the thing. Its perfect for a 20 year old guy. V8, stick shift, enough room for me and a friend. Has plenty of power both on the highway and in town and it handles great. I'm very glad I bought it. I haven't experiences it in the snow yet which I'm a bit nervous about but you'll definitely be seeing a review by then.

V8 power, Leather, 5 speed stick shift, Mach sound system.

Less plastic in the interior and less gaps. Also a more intuitive power seat arraignment. That being said, the interior isn't a bad place to be.

Tamed Pony
By Jae

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Got this car used with 65K miles, since I couldn't afford an Accord or Solara Coupe. Overall the car has been pretty good to me. No major repairs, just maintenance. This car is NOISY. Ford really cut a lot of corners when it came to quality and craftsmanship. Wind noise intrudes at high speeds and it feels like a shopping cart on rough roads. The power-steering wines, but this seems to be common. The seats are a joke, they offer little to no support up front. This cars goes through brakes fairly quickly. My driver's side windows sticks in hot weather, paint has faded, and the engine rattles at high RPMS. Transmission seal leaks are common as well, but that's been the most of my problems.

Man, this thing is a beauty, especially with the 20 inch chrome wheels i added. I also added dual exhaust, to give it a better note. Power is adequate, but there could always be more. Parts aren't overly expensive and there are tons of modifications available.

Build quality seems to be improved on the 05 and newer models. A tad more space in the back wouldn't be bad, but then again don't buy this car if you plan on hauling people around.

Mustang Sally
By Lynne Knightstep

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

My daughter and son-in-law bought this car for me, brand-new as a gift in 2000. I love this car and have lots of fun driving it. It has never had anything go wrong with it in the 9 years that I have owned it. It is a beautiful black convertible, very sleek and sporty. This is my second Mustang (owned the first model in 1965) and I highly recommend them.

The sleek, sporty appearance and the Stero System. Extremely dependable car.

It is a little difficult getting out of the car.