Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Reliable, Fun and Quick
By siciliano_88

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My car has all the options and the mach stereo system. I have spent $0 repairing this Mustang other than neccesary ex. oil, fluids, and have had no problems. The v6 has plenty of power for the everyday user and unbelievable gas mileage on the highway. I put on a fuel induction preformance kit and now it sounds amazing, with great throttle response. I could not be happier!

Great styling, throaty exhaust, quickness, stereo and the fact that Ford made something dependable for once.

More cushion on the seats in the leather interior, cup holders need to be moved.

fun and sporty
By escofam

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Originally went to buy a Cougar - couldn't make the deal. Went over to Ford and drove a used Mustang. Most of the miles have been highway and the Stang is nothing but fun to take on a trip. Mileage has been outstanding - upper 20's and occasionally getting into the 30's. Changing the stock 15" wheels out for the 17" Mach 1 wheels made it even sportier and better handling. Even though the car is now 6 years old I still get compliments on it's sporty looks. Car has been flawless and reliable. Admittedly it is a little tough to drive in snow so it has been the summer time trip car.

Performance of the V6 - has enough spunk for the average driver as well as good fuel economy. Also the aggressive looks makes it stand out.

Better road noise control.

lots better than a Focus
By laser1

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

When I went to the dealer to pick up the car, I passed a Focus in the lot selling for the same price as what I paid for the Mustang. Figured I got a much better car. After 106,000 miles, I couldn't be happier. Only thing I had to replace beside wear items was a idle pulley for $11. Brake pads lasted 60K miles and did not put brake dust on the wheels. I get 21 mpg with the alcohol/gas mixture they sell in Houston. Performance tires made the car handle much better in the rain. Engine accessibility with the v6 is excellent. Parts are cheap at parts store (not dealer).

Styling, color, reliability.

Better cloth for the interior. better sound system.

Not A Bad Ford
By Dirt24

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last summer thinking the v6 would be enough power but it's not! If you have the money go get the 4.6 v8. It isn't all bad, the body style is tight so I would recommend this car because it's Not Bad For A Ford!

Interior, body style, color (Gold), and the spoiler.

Dual exhaust, fog lights on base model and more powerful V6. (Chevy's killing em' in power).

My Experience
By SoS

2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 16,000 miles on it for $9,000 dollars from a friend. It has been nothing but amazing since that day. I have added a cold air intake, tinted the windows and put on an amazing exhaust. I get about 30 miles per gallon in the highway and about 14 in the city (without any air conditioning). I had to change the CCRM which ran for about 140 dollars , but this seems to be a really rare problem, I was just unlucky. I would recommend different rims and tires, because traction in the rain is horrible; I have crashed 3 times. All of which kept my car in perfect condition, but ruined the other cars lol.

Amazing exhaust tone once I replaced the stock one.

Exhaust, intake.