Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Bac to the Future
By PONGO

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

The car reminds me of a Porsche I owned. Most stable performance from a convertible, no less. I like the long throw shift better on this car than a 2007.

Best stick shift on any Ford product I have ever driven.

Hard to enter, was improved in later years.

Fun in the Stang
By theprincereturns

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car last spring after I was in an accident in my 2000 Mustang coupe. The convertible is a lot more fun of a car to drive around, and I have been very happy with the reliability of both of the cars. I love the look and drive of the car as well, and recommend the manual transmission, and the V6 if you are doing your own maintenance (more room in the engine compartment makes it easier to access). Road noise and comfort of the convertible make it much less enjoyable on long road trips. After an hour or two on the highway with the top down, your ears will be ringing for hours afterwards. Also you will need excellent tires or more weight in the back to keep traction in rain or snow.

Got one with leather interior, and I enjoy it a lot. Even the non premium sound system is very good, and I am plenty happy with the acceleration even of the V6. Any more and I would be tempted to speed way too much.

Road noise, and weight balance of the car (more to the rear) could have been improved. Also trunk is pretty small. Fine for 2 people, not great for more than that though.

Awesome
By stang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have read everyone's reviews about this Mustang, and I must say, I have had no problems with my car ever! Not only that but the people that I bought it from also had no problems with this car. So I'm sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences, mostly it was the fact you had a bad dealer, but the car itself is amazing; fast, quick, and very comfortable (for two people, the back seat is kinda small).

Umm ... the powerful v6, the convertible, the sound system, everything!

Not much more you could ask for from a sports car.

fun performer
By mustang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This is a fun car to drive around town. It gets decent gas mileage, and is reliable. I purchased this vehicle new, and it has never had a single mechanical problem.

Convertible! Well worth the extra buck, especially in southern California. A performance chip will give you the ride of your life.

The trunk space is limited; almost non-existent. This is not the best option for grocery, mall or any other type of shopping.

Not my best Ford
By SAP

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Bought from CarMax at 18k miles 1k miles later they rebuilt the rear gear box to try to get rid of the moaning sound between 40 and 50 miles an hour on deceleration. Never worked. At 90k the gear box was rebuilt again because of a constant whir. Let's see, at 70k I got a new front end. Top's starting to leak. Valves tap a lot if you don't keep cleaning the injectors ($$). Travel 150 miles a day at an average 72 miles an hour. Time to clean injectors again and probably replace the egr valve. My 9th Ford and probably my last if Toyota makes a larger truck.

Top down baby.

Upgrade interior and leather.