Used 2000 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Very fun, very reliable
By todd24tx

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This is the third Mustang I have owned, and all I can say is that all three have been vey reliable, and the 2000 model has been the best I've owned. I'm well past the 100,000 mile mark and all I have had to do for repairs is replace the low pressure cutoff switch for the a/c (all of $30).

Performance, reliability, exterior design, and the Mach 460 stereo.

Better seats, and a much shorter throw shifter for the 5 speed. There is acreage between gears that robs the car of its full potential.

6 years of racing and daily driving
By Kmustang01

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

First off let me say I love this car, with the exception of a few things. I really hate the market value, so this one will stay with me 25k paid for a fully loaded GT...Now I can sell according to KBB 7k....that part stinks. I have done some performance work to my car (pullies, gears, exhaust w/o cats, cold air intake, and chip) so far I have had no problems with anything mechanical. I have replaced parts that are considered normal wear and tear (struts, shocks, and springs) at 100k.I still get a lot of compliments on my car now so the body design is holding up well. The interior could be made better, the door pieces break easily and the weather stripping on the door has been replaced 4 times.

The design. No one every gets the year model right. Cops constantly have to ask me! Spring Edition package, rare find so mine does not like identical to ever other Performance Red Gt. Oh and I can't forget the deep tone rumble from my exhaust! Mustangs have a sound all of their own.

Upgrade the door panels, they come off to easily. Glad to see the 05's and up have something more than one color plastic on the interior.

Addicted to my Mustang!
By Robin

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have never been dissapointed. I passed 90,000 miles a few months ago and it runs great! I did have to replace the brake pads but it wasnt a big deal. 4 people in my family drive Mustangs ranging from 1988 to 2000 and we all feel the same way!

Great power, and I love the sound system!

None

Completely Satisfied
By klauer

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Mustang! It has 85,000 miles on it and no problems. Definitely the funnest car I've ever had. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

The V8, dual exhaust, and mach sound system

One of the cupholders is in the way of shifting.

Just owned a week.
By Luis

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Such a fun car to drive. Not the fastest one out there but love the exhaust throaty sound when you romp on the gas.

Ride quality is not as bad as I thought it would be. Exhaust sounds.

Too much plastic on interior parts. A fatter steering wheel, too thin for me.