Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love this car!
By MorganFox

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my car when it had 38k on it. Have not had any major mechanical issues and I just passed 80k. Have taken the car on a few road trips. It handles well, gets good gas mileage and the sound system is awesome. Am starting to experience a bit of loss in power, sounds like I may have a small exhaust issue towards the front of the vehicle, sometimes now when I shift the brake light comes on momentarily and if I rev the RPM's too high the battery light flashes. But all in all it is a great vehicle.

Mach sound system, cornering ability, power driver seat, pull out lights on the dash, good trunk space, all in all the front is comfy to sit in for long trips.

Definitely has some hydroplane issues in the rain, cupholder is in a bad place when shifting, trunk needs larger opening so a normal size cooler, etc. can go through it.

fun performer
By mustang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This is a fun car to drive around town. It gets decent gas mileage, and is reliable. I purchased this vehicle new, and it has never had a single mechanical problem.

Convertible! Well worth the extra buck, especially in southern California. A performance chip will give you the ride of your life.

The trunk space is limited; almost non-existent. This is not the best option for grocery, mall or any other type of shopping.

Not my best Ford
By SAP

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Bought from CarMax at 18k miles 1k miles later they rebuilt the rear gear box to try to get rid of the moaning sound between 40 and 50 miles an hour on deceleration. Never worked. At 90k the gear box was rebuilt again because of a constant whir. Let's see, at 70k I got a new front end. Top's starting to leak. Valves tap a lot if you don't keep cleaning the injectors ($$). Travel 150 miles a day at an average 72 miles an hour. Time to clean injectors again and probably replace the egr valve. My 9th Ford and probably my last if Toyota makes a larger truck.

Top down baby.

Upgrade interior and leather.

Loved it at first...
By JDD

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mustang with less than 20 miles and enjoyed it until I hit the 40K mark. I have taken great care of my car hoping it would last a long time, but it hasn't made a difference. I have owned the car for over four years now and in the last year it has been literally falling apart. I have had problems with the brakes, the passenger door, the power side mirrors, the a/c, and the transmission. The car still turns heads as I approach but the loud engine kills the mood. I did not get my money's worth and I will not buy another Ford.

The body design and highway handling.

Improve the comfort of the driver seat, the engine is too loud. The interior shift runs very hot and has burned me on occasion. The very plastic interior has just been falling apart. A few extra dollars on the interior materials would have given me a much improved experience.

Great pony car
By mustnag46

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to own. It gets great economy (25+ highway) which isn't why I bought it! Performance car with easy to add options (B&M shifter, programmable computer). The performance is there if you dare to drive it like it is meant to be driven. I have had no maintenance problems. And the car just looks great. It is a classic (outlasted the Camaro and Firebird) and the new '05 looks better.

V8 and stick shift.

Bring back the fastback. The rear seat is really useless for all but short rides.