Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Surprising Performance
By dave

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I wasn't looking for a Mustang and have never been a big fan. I saw this 7 year old vehicle with less than 55k miles while looking at other convertibles. I gave it a try because of the low price and was really impressed. I actually liked the handling better than Mustang GT convertibles I'd driven. I was surprised by how powerful the V6 felt with the 5 speed manual. My particular car must have spent a lot of time in the garage based on the low mileage, tight feel, and nearly flawless interior and exterior. I thought I'd miss the quick open/close of the top that I had with a Miata, but this power top is fast and seems well made. On the road the blue color seems one of the least common.

Performance, convertible top, looks.

Every Mustang 5 speed transmission I've ever driven feels the same. There are plenty of other shifters I've used (Miata, Mini, Audi) that just feel right. Each position feels well-defined and the shifter wants to go in each one. That's what the Mustang 5 speed lacks.

Mystang
By mystang

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Well my mom got this Mustang in 03 for a real good deal. It's one of a kind (black w/ white top and white leather). Now I drive it mostly and I have to say it is fun. It is quite poor at low rps however when it's up there, it's really up there. Had tranny problems and power widow control sank into door. Fog lights are constant problem. Back seat is nonexistent and front is uncomfortable. Stereo is awesome though. other than above mentioned problems, this car seems quite reliable.

Mach 500 sound system, reasonable gas mileage for a V8. FAST!

Better seats! Gas mileage still can be better. Better interior quality...but most things are addressed in newer models.

Bac to the Future
By PONGO

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

The car reminds me of a Porsche I owned. Most stable performance from a convertible, no less. I like the long throw shift better on this car than a 2007.

Best stick shift on any Ford product I have ever driven.

Hard to enter, was improved in later years.

fun and sporty
By escofam

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Originally went to buy a Cougar - couldn't make the deal. Went over to Ford and drove a used Mustang. Most of the miles have been highway and the Stang is nothing but fun to take on a trip. Mileage has been outstanding - upper 20's and occasionally getting into the 30's. Changing the stock 15" wheels out for the 17" Mach 1 wheels made it even sportier and better handling. Even though the car is now 6 years old I still get compliments on it's sporty looks. Car has been flawless and reliable. Admittedly it is a little tough to drive in snow so it has been the summer time trip car.

Performance of the V6 - has enough spunk for the average driver as well as good fuel economy. Also the aggressive looks makes it stand out.

Better road noise control.

lots better than a Focus
By laser1

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

When I went to the dealer to pick up the car, I passed a Focus in the lot selling for the same price as what I paid for the Mustang. Figured I got a much better car. After 106,000 miles, I couldn't be happier. Only thing I had to replace beside wear items was a idle pulley for $11. Brake pads lasted 60K miles and did not put brake dust on the wheels. I get 21 mpg with the alcohol/gas mixture they sell in Houston. Performance tires made the car handle much better in the rain. Engine accessibility with the v6 is excellent. Parts are cheap at parts store (not dealer).

Styling, color, reliability.

Better cloth for the interior. better sound system.