Used 1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Mustang is a true Legend
By Brian

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I'm a college student and 18 years old. I just recently bought a 1999 Mustang GT anniversary edition. I bought it for $10,500 w/ 51,000 miles. To tell you the truth it was a heck of a deal. But for all the people who are reading these to get an idea about what people think about Mustangs, I will give you my honest opinion. The Mustang GT is fast. 0-60 is around 5.5 secs. And the roar of the engine is to die for. And it handles really well. I mean really well. The car is built to last a while, I can tell you that. The disadvantage is the gas mileage, seating space, and the winter. I average around 18 city and 22 highway. The backseats are a little too small. Overall it's a great muscle car!

The body style, the incredible performance, especially for the price, and the handling. And if you get the option of having the MACH Sound System, it's really nice too. Overall a Mustang is a dream car. It really is. If you get a Mustang GT I can assure you won't be disappointed.

I wish they could make the back seats a little bigger, or just make it a 2 seater. You really can't do much about the gas mileage because of the V8 engine and 260hp. And the fact that it's rear wheel drive that you will slip around in the snow and some rainy days. But that's all understandable.

Excellent Choice
By timothy novak

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for a little over 4 years, and have not had any major problems with it. Of course, the oxygen sensors have needed to be replaced, but doesn't every car have that problem? Periodically, my odometer displays turns off, but this is just a minor problem...if even a problem at all. Yesterday, it wouldn't start, so I will need to replace either the battery or the starter. Now this is no big deal, considering the car is paid for, and this is the only problem that I have ever had. Over all, excellent car and I would buy another.

I like the performance; however, do not like the insurance rate I have because it is classified as a "sports car" (yeah right - it's not a Porsche). I like the Mach stereo system. I like the layout of the interior, and I enjoy the leather. I also had an aftermarket power sunroof installed.

I would suggest better plastic covering for the headlights. They are very difficult to clean - not even Ajax works. I would suggest a better interior lighting system, but who really needs that. I guess I don't have too many suggestions.

LOVE MY PONY!
By SOPHIE

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Have never had any problems with my 1999 Mustang convertible. I love this car! Am considering trading for the 2005, but having a hard time parting with this one.

Who needs a top!

More horsepower would be good; better gas mileage would be great.

Great car for the money!
By E H King

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My friend purchased this model a few months before me. I loved it so much, I went out and bought one. This has been the best car I have owned. For the money, it's hard to beat. Quality, durability, and it's fun! Total in almost 6 years of owning for all/any repairs: $350.00. Minor work done. Just now had to change brakes. Other than oil changes no up keep!

The design of the car. It looks sleek.

The headlights can get moisture in them. However, I replaced easily off of eBay.

Best Car for A College Student
By Actuary

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This car was my party vehicle throughout my college years. I have 145,000 miles on it and all I had to do was change the oil. My convertible top hydraulics began to leak at 100,000 and that is all I had to fix. Of course since I take the top down and put it back up a million times when I went out it had to break eventually! :) I plan on driving this bad boy until 200,000 miles and keeping it as my fun vehicle.

I like the front of the car and design of the body. The acceleration is the most amazing part.

The cup holder is kind of in an awkward place.