Used 1999 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I know, I know, all 10's?
By Ruby The Red Pony

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Yep. And it's the truth. I have had nothing but a great experience owning this little pony for the past 9 years running strong. It still shines up nice, gets looks from everybody- and their mom. It sounds cool even with a stock v6. Nice little rumble. Power? Very sufficient. Handling? Does fine, takes corners, stops on a dime. Interior? I have driven the new (05+ models) and I honsetly didn't feel as snug in them. I like the hugging quality of this model over the newer, more sedan-like interiors. Feels sportier. I put GT rims and tires on mine for a little more handling. Never had a breakdown. I have driven this thing across the country, pure joy. What a great car. For the price, a great deal. Great stereo, great motor, looks awesome. A value and a joy.

Cornering. It just sticks to the road. Suspension. Comfortable yet stiff. Looks great. Engine: solid and powerful. Nice torque. Keeps up with anybody pretty easy. Actually fits quite a bit of stuff in the trunk.

Love my car
By ebonyrebel

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a junior in college. I'd always wanted a Mustang since I was a child. The roar of the pipes and the overall sexiness of the car was totally appealing to me. I've put a lot of highway miles on it due to college and traveling home over the years. As a young woman driver on the road alone a lot it's been very reassuring to know that my Stang is realiable. Only work I've had done is a new alternator and now I need a started. That's it.

Powerful. I'll never forget the first time I fish-talied..whoo hoo! Style. People are always complementing the car. What's not attractive about a Mustang. Dependability!

The headlights are really foggy and since I'm only 5 feet tall it's not that comfortable to me.

Awesome car!
By AWESOME CAR!!!

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car for 17000 from a blonde girl who owned for only 9 months, and only 11000 miles. The reason im saying this is because she bought a MB CLK coupe with 45000 miles for 30000! Go figure! I love this silver convertible mustang since the very first day. The car looks great. I added 20" black wheels and lowered 2". People on the street always stare. I have owned this car since Dec 2000. The only thing that I have change on this car is the oil and brakes once. Oh I also upgraded the headlights to all clear, and smoke the tailights. The car has 105k miles, and I will keep it for many more years. The car has been super reliable.

Handling, power, stickshift, freezing AC, gas mileage, top down, looks, looks, and looks. Very fun to drive especially in the summer in Southern California.

Get rid of the cup holder, noisy power steering, make the convertible bar standard on convertibles.

Best bang for the buck!
By pwl

1999 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Purchased new, passed 100,000 earlier this year. Cars these days have become more powerful, but in 1999, this car was the best bang for the buck other than the high-school-kid-styling Camaro/Firebird twins. Works well as a daily driver, but fun to drive and can burn some rubber when you feel like it. Aside from a few initial fit/finish issues, car has been very reliable with no major fixes. I did recently have to have the rear differential rebuilt with new parts for >$2k due to the oil leaking out after poorly designed speed bumps dented the diff. case. However, I believe this was a freak incident and should be even less likely to happen to a stock car. (Mine is lowered around 1.5".)

Torque! Exhaust note. Decent stereo with the Mach 460 system. Improved handling with Eibach Pro-kit aftermarket springs

Front seat headrests are atrociously designed, with very poor positioning. Interior trim is cheap, but then I guess that's how they put in that much power in an affordable package. Trunk interior ceiling gets lower as you go deeper in, and can be limiting.

Good Car
By James

1999 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this Mustang in Feb. of 2004 with only 52,000 miles on it. It already had the 60,000 miles work done on it. Since then I've driven it to about 88,000 miles. It performs great - good acceleration and decent cornering (though I rarely push either). The top very rarely leaks, only when I've driven in BIG storms. It's only happened twice. This is a big improvement over my last convertible, a 92 Mustang. The only problems I've had are that the cruise control button fell off one day last year (it's still usable) and the front brakes have needed A LOT of work ($1300). They always cover the front rims with brake dust as well. Overall I'm very happy with the car.

Nice acceleration, body style & pony rims, tight seal on the top, gas mileage (about 20/27).

The brake work was needed apparently due to a factory defect but I guess it's going to be something or other with most every car.