Used 1996 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

1996 Mustang Cobra (they didn't list it)
By Mustang Lover

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Wonderful car to own. I have had several Mustangs in the past 8 years. I have had V-8's and 1; V-6. All have been a pleasure to own. If you are looking for a V-6 spend the extra money for the extra HP you will happy that you did. The back seat is for looks basically, handling is wonderful, & speed is great!

Speed, handling, styling.

Glove box larger. Owners manual and registration that is about all you will get in there.

Lowered Mustang
By mustang man

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I love my green Mustang with tan top. When I bought the car it was lowered in the front, dual exhast and cobra R wheels. This car is extremely fun to drive and when the top's off, wow on a nice night it's great. But I must say that the gas mileage is pretty bad, I feel like I'm always at the gas station. But other then that I plan on buying a 1998 GT convertible that's how much I like them.

Top down, and lowered in the front.

Gas mileage.

I still own it
By AJ

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

No major problems after 11 years.Have not driven it much since 2004, only 2200 miles. Hard on tires. Replaced exhaust system, sounds better and increased power.

Good looking car, paint still looks new. Keep it in garage.

Not enough power, poor city mileage, hard on tires.

Swagg's 1996 Ford Mustang GTR®
By Jonh SWaggerty

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

The 1996 Ford Mustang GTR® has started up every time I have ever turned the key. I have had very little trouble finding parts for repairs (when necessary) as well as performance parts. I also think the ride quality is superior to previous years and the power is much improved with the 4.6L. Although the car lacks rwhp in its factory trim it makes up for it with torque. Also it is a solid car and hooks very well. The GT is ready for modifications in hp, which is truly the hallmark of a mustang, affording the opportunity for personalization.

The Hydro-boosted 4 wheel disc brakes. The quality of construction. 4.6L SOHC engine and T-45 transmission. Visibility of interments and road

5.4L SOHC engine. Relocation of gear/shifter towards the rear of vehicle. Lower and widen body. Hard top convertible. Factory headers

Decent ride
By joshreisch

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has always been good to me. I have had only minor problems related to oxygen sensors. Good transportation and the mileage is not too bad, 19-22.

Quick car that is fun to drive. Good room for driver. I am 6'2" and fit nicely. But with the seat back it cramps anyone behind you in this car.

More power, which you get with newer models.