Used 1995 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car!
By Melissa

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I owned this car. It was a great car. Fun to drive. Very little problems for as old as it is. I was involved in an accident however and the car is now totaled. I do miss it. Side impact, if anyone is wondering, this car is safer than you can imagine. Built very strong and very safe. I will miss the mustang and am contemplating buying another one in the near future.

convertible top, color, and stares on the road of coarse :)

lol better cup holders.

Old Reliable
By vsanders

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have been beyond impressed with my 2 door V6 coupe. The odometer quit at 220k and I admit I am rougher on cars than I should be~but she just keeps going.The only problems I have had was the water pump went out,but I noticed the indicator leak and fixed it,the odometer and the driver's seat motor.This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned,and I only paid $1500!

More get up and go than I expected,sleek.Dependability!

I wish it looked a little meaner and a little less girly. The interior pieces, esp, the door panels are cheap and it shows.

1995 3.8L Fall Apart Mustang
By McMahon

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

First the paint went bad. Then the air conditioning went bad. Transmission went bad twice and needed replacement. Then the door locks and windows broke. Both windows stopped going up and down within a week’s time. It wasn't too bad on gas when it was running but overall it was a ford and had many problems. I almost forgot the speedometer was intermittent and the odometer stopped working. I would have been better off scraping it when the first transmission went bad.

I loved the blue color (the paint on fords goes bad fast) and the 3.8 was easy on the gas.

I don't have any other than I won't be buying another newer ford again.

Missed Mustang
By MissedMustang

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car from the gamble that is a police auction. It was abused, torn up, and had 158k+ miles. It took very little TLC to get this car back and running, and it ran strong through 170k miles. The only serious problem I ran into was the engine module going out, but it was only a $150 fix. Other than that my mustang ran beautifully. It started well through the Minnesota Winter (I know, I know! My beater died out midway!) and handled relatively well in the snow for being a rear wheel drive car. Overall the car was a dream, and I would highly recommend that model to anyone who is looking into buying one.

5.0 V8, lots of power. Ford should have never stopped putting them in the GTs. Sleek convertible, nice seats.

Bigger back window for the convertible. Better sound system.

No Problems with my soft top 5.0 Manual
By HJ1906

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

This car has been a pleasure to own. I had an Acura before pruchasing my Ford, and I was a bit apprehensive about the reliability I would experience. It has been quite a pleasant surprise. I have owned it since it was 7 miles old and I have not had a problem that I did not cause. This car will haul and after owning it for 10 years, I took it to Germany and got to experience driving that I never thought I would get to, for many years. It held it's own with the BMWs, Mercedes, Porches and Ferreri's. I even took it out on the Hockenheim Race Ring and it was the best 20 euro I have ever spent. The hardest miles driven began at 110,000 for the 3 years there and have had no problems to this day.

That growl that it produces. Reliability. For a V8, the milage is better than BMWs and Mercedes in it's engine class.

Interior space. If you are leggy, it can be a bit tight.