Used 1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:

King Cobra
By vivalacobra

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

This is just an overall great car. I've owned my Pacific Green Cobra since it was new in '97. It's great! Got enough HP to have some fun and yet the fuel economy isn't bad. Great donor car for Shelby kit cars too!

Love the entire car!

The shifter was flimsy, but a new Hurst does the job.

SVT Cobra Mustang
By DRW

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Great mustang, fun to drive, great car fro around town. Car performed well on track. Modifications were made for better tires, shift kit, air intake and cat back exhaust system. Adapts well to basic performance modifications. Engine has much more potential than current GT's

The double cam overhead 32 valve Cobra 4.6 engine. This engine is much stronger and more capable than the current 3 valve cars. It doesn't run with my Corvette, but I truly enjoy driving it more. I love the car on a circle track or a road course. Great car.

The transmission is unpredictable. Often times the car is difficult to put into reverse. Ford should have put a better tranny in the car that would live up to it's performance and not pinch pennies.

Second time is even better.
By David Figueroa

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

In 1997 I bought a new Cobra coupe, for some insane reason I sold it. Ten years later I came to my senses and bought a 97 Cobra convertable. I blew 10 years of driving fun. I regret that I ever sold my coupe, except for the fact that now I have found another beautiful rio red convertable that just makes my day when I drive her. I used to rave about the 97 Cobra as the prettiest and baddest car on the road, now, again I know that I was right.

The hood, the engine, the rims, and especially the looks and compliments I recieve. I used to think that the girls were always looking at me, but now it might be because of the car I proudly drive.

Seat belt tends to be hard to reach at times.

Cobra Fun
By William Cobra

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

Driving the Mustang Cobra is one big kick. It has adequate power, maybe more than adequate, and it handles like it was on rails. It is fun driving on the winding mountain highways. It has the power to pass and the stability to handle the corners withease. All in all it is a great car.

Beautiful engine and great running engine. Brakes that do not let you down and stop quick

The car needs to be lower and lighter

Cobra #1 car I've owned
By bmxr152

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 6 months ago and it runs awesome. It was totally stock and nothing done to it. I bought it at 116k miles. I've since put 10k miles and have put an xpipe, 100shot nitrous, intake, and plug wires. I can say it runs much better and haven't seen any problems with over 380hp 450ftlbs torque on the 116k car. It handles great too. I must say I need some 4.10 gears and wil take almost half a second off my 1/4 et's. In one word, great car.

4.6L 4v motor, mach 460 radio, seats

Better radiator design, better gears, better transmission, traction control