Skip to main content

Save as much as $2,820
Select your trim:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Welcome to the future!

Ken H, 02/13/2021
updated 08/17/2022
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium 4dr Hatchback w/Standard Range (electric DD)

Actually, mine is a Premium with the extended range battery. Picked up the car earlier this week and could not be more impressed. It’s light years ahead of anything I have driven and my last car was a 2019 Ford Energi with ever option. Build quality, performance, etc are top of the charts. Ride is firmer than the Fusion or my previous Volvo XC60. Only negative, had to educate the dealer about some of the available rebates. Highly recommend this vehicle. Ford knocked it out of the park!! Update-6 months and 4200 miles. One meets the nicest people at charging stations. The car has been fantastic-best car ever. Have taken one 1,000 mile trip with no problems. Tomorrow, starting a cross-country trip. No mechanical issues today-solid as a rock. 18 month update. Still love the car. Unfortunately have had a little problem with the updates. Ford and the dealer have been proactive in dealing with the issue. Still, best car ever!

Best Luxury EV - Checks all boxes

Mach E owner, 02/22/2021
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Standard Range (electric DD)

We went with a Red Mach E premium that was sitting in the showroom. This car looks amazing and has everything we needed. It proved to be the one that impressed us to upgrade to an electric vehicle. Tesla - Compared to the Teslas this might be slower and have less range but looks light years cooler than any Tesla hands down. Audi eTron - just didn't feel right not sure exactly what. i think it is the interior and the gadgetry in the audi - uncomfortable seats - expensive - too much going on - was turned off. VW ID.4 - just doesn't seem like it will ever arrive, interior looks childish compared to Mach E Mach E all the way

Life in the fast lane with for $12 to go 300 miles

J. Sean, 05/27/2021
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Extended Range (electric DD)

The only recommendation I could make is to get a 240 outlet so you can charge your Mach-E at a rate of approximately 20+ miles an hour. I commute 60 miles (roundtrip) and it takes about 3 hours to replenish my commute when charging at home. I use the charger that Ford includes with the purchase and I can control charging times from my Ford Pass phone app. That allows me to charge at off-peak hours and reduce my charging costs. My estimated costs for 300 miles of charging is $12! Comparing that to the $4 a gallon gas prices, that would be like getting 75 miles per gallon in a sports car. Aside from the efficiency, the design is straight FIRE! I get excited every single time I look at this car, especially after cleaning it. And boy oh bo does it turn heads. I never thought it would have turned this many heads, but it does. Not only does it turn heads for looks, it turns heads when it outperforms most every commuter car on the road. Merging is never a problem with the pick-up this car has. There is so much space between the back hatch area and the frunk. Super cool that the frunk can be used as a cooler too! Pop some ice and refreshments into the frunk and you will be the talk of the tailgate. If you are worried about road trips, don't! I added 100 miles of range in 20 mins at an Electrify America charge station. Personally, I aim to never charge over 80% to extend the long-term life of the battery. I would feel comfortable driving across the country in this car, chargers are available anywhere I want to travel. If you want to see for yourself, you can use Ford's navigation on the Ford website to map out a ride and see where chargers are. And even though the chargers are pretty fast, I welcome a longer break to stretch or grab a bite to eat when driving 250+ miles. The interior is beautiful, actually, it is sexy. Out of all of the cars I have ever owned or driven in the last 20 years, this is my favorite daily driver EVER. I used to have a detail business where I had over 850 customers with really high-end cars... I worked with Bentley's, Ferrari's, Porche's, and more. The Mach-E impresses the heck out of me. Oh, and lets not forget the tax credits and other rebates/incentives. Ford knocked it out of the park and then some with this car. Cheers!

Well worth the wait!

Dan C, 02/20/2021
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium 4dr Hatchback w/Standard Range (electric DD)

I reserved my car in Jan 2020. A little more than a year later and I have one of the best vehicles I’ve owned, ever. This car is incredibly well put together. The seats are supple yet well bolstered. The fit and finish is among the best I’ve seen in recent years. The tech is user friendly but does have a learning curve. The sound system is more than adequate. As far as driving goes, I find this car to be extremely engaging. I haven’t driven it enough to really extoll all of its virtues but man am I having fun so far! This car is a blast and it’s worth every penny. Only downside I can see is you can’t run to your Ford dealership today and get one. Oh well, like I said, it’s worth the wait.

Mach-E CA Route 1

Dani Cabrera, 08/03/2021
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 4dr Hatchback w/Extended Range (electric DD)

I enjoy this car more than I should. I didn't place an advanced order and had to track one down. The decision for me was wanting a long range model as my priority. Between the CA Route 1 and extended range Premium trim, the CR1 was the better choice. Here in sunny CA, heated seats and steering wheel don't get used much. The ambient lights and B&O system would be nice... but just not worth the price difference for me. The only thing that I wish the CR1 trim had would be the power liftgate. After driving it 2k miles, I find that it is slightly bouncy on city streets under 40MPH. This is my first EV and I understand that this is something most all EVs deal with due to the low center of gravity and battery pack weight. The glass roof made me a little nervous since where I live has been consistently over 100° for 40 of the last 50 days. It's not a problem and I don't even notice it since it has a nice dark, UV tint. Seats are all comfortable,but this drives (seating wise) like a tall wagon. Where I really noticed it was when taking my dog on a road trip. In my Escape that I had, I would lay the back seats down and have the window down for him to stick his head out. With the escape, he would be in a normal standing position to look out the window. In the Mach-E, with seats down, he is ducking his head down and out the window. I almost feel like he will jump down and out of the window. Not an issue, but noteworthy. This is due to the thick floorboard since the batter pack is tucked in there. You will really notice it when you open the door and see step in. Charging has been great with the Charge and Pay option turned on. And the included mobile charger works fine. Be sure to download all the different charging apps and have them setup so you not fumbling through paying at the station. I've see some people mention that their FordPass app doesn't trigger their doors to unlock quick enough with Phone as a Key. Yes, this is a slight issue. However, I do recommend (depending on your OS) to pin the app as always on. Also, make sure it doesn't get automatically turned off with your battery saver mode. This has helped me out. I also recommend making the door code and car PW immediately. It is handy in case your device dies. The current cruise control and lane keeping assistant are features from previous Fords and are fine, but I'm hoping the BlueCruise is considerably better. The android auto works great, wired or wireless. However, wireless android auto is a battery drainer and I do prefer plugging it in instead. Google really needs to get the EV charging better integrated into Google maps. It's nice that the Mach-E reads the android auto Google maps directions on the drivers display. Google also needs to offer Netflix, Hulu or YouTube on Android Auto. Or Ford needs to add screen mirror or chromecast to their hardware to watch videos. This only to pass the time when charging at an EV station. Overall, the Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 hits the right spot for me and I highly recommend this car. Unless this will be used in city streets as a short commuter car, I would skip the Select model and go to Premium trim or better.

12345...9